Can I make my TJ sound like a badass?

Old September 28th 05, 02:45 AM
User Example

Default Can I make my TJ sound like a badass?

Is there any good exhause setups that will make my TJ 4.0 sound cool? I
like the V8 dual exhause tat-tat-tat-tat sound. Can that be done or is
it impossible with the 6 cylinder 4.0?
Old September 28th 05, 02:51 AM
DougW

User Example did pass the time by typing:
> Is there any good exhause setups that will make my TJ 4.0 sound cool? I
> like the V8 dual exhause tat-tat-tat-tat sound. Can that be done or is
> it impossible with the 6 cylinder 4.0?

http://members.cox.net/wilsond/vroom.avi
Gibson cat-back.

--
DougW

Old September 28th 05, 03:11 AM
Billy Ray

Take a coffee can, spray paint it silver, and clamp it to the end of your
exhaust pipe.

The bigger the coffee can the more powerful the result.

I think Mike has verified improvements of over 25%.
--
..
(remove SPAM)

Old September 28th 05, 03:20 AM
DougW

Billy Ray did pass the time by typing:
> Take a coffee can, spray paint it silver, and clamp it to the end of your
> exhaust pipe.
>
> The bigger the coffee can the more powerful the result.
>
> I think Mike has verified improvements of over 25%.

50 HP gain.

http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/mycoffeecan/page1.html

--
DougW

Old September 28th 05, 03:23 AM
Billy Ray

Take a coffee can, spray paint it silver, and clamp it to the end of your
exhaust pipe.

The bigger the coffee can the more powerful the result.

I think Mike has verified improvements of over 25%.

Actually...... go to you corner auto parts store and get whatever brand of
"Cherry Bomb" style glasspack muffler they carry. You will get that 'growl"
for about $20 + clamps
http://www.supremeperformance.com/DisplayTab.aspx?tid=3

--
..

Old September 28th 05, 03:47 AM
User Example

DougW wrote:
> Billy Ray did pass the time by typing:
>
>>Take a coffee can, spray paint it silver, and clamp it to the end of your
>>exhaust pipe.
>>
>>The bigger the coffee can the more powerful the result.
>>
>>I think Mike has verified improvements of over 25%.

> 50 HP gain.
>
> http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/mycoffeecan/page1.html

That is truly awesome. I will do that!
Old September 28th 05, 07:05 AM
Paul Calman

Get a flowmaster and a boom tube. Then you can drive by auto shops and watch
the techs crack up. Something funny about the way that setup makes an I-6
sound.

--
Paul Calman, Hathaway Pines, California

Old September 28th 05, 12:38 PM
User Example

Paul Calman wrote:
> Get a flowmaster and a boom tube. Then you can drive by auto shops and watch
> the techs crack up. Something funny about the way that setup makes an I-6
> sound.

I was hoping to stay away from those stupid things. I want a real
exhaust, not a noisemaker attachment.
Old September 28th 05, 01:02 PM
B a r r y

User Example wrote:

> I was hoping to stay away from those stupid things. I want a real
> exhaust, not a noisemaker attachment.

Usually people who want the vehicle to sound "badass" are all over those
things. <G>

Old September 28th 05, 03:18 PM
wkearney99

> I was hoping to stay away from those stupid things. I want a real
> exhaust, not a noisemaker attachment.

How about actually focusing on real capability instead of just posing? It's
a jeep, take it out into the woods and actually climb something instead of
trying to impress the other nitwits cruising through the city.