Can I make my TJ sound like a badass?

Old September 29th 05, 01:01 AM
Billy Ray

Is it true that renting is cheaper than buying?

--
(remove SPAM)
2002 Jeep WJ 4 Liter Automatic

http://www.billhughes.com/ILoveMyHooker.jpg

Old September 29th 05, 01:44 AM
DougW

Billy Ray did pass the time by typing:
> Is it true that renting is cheaper than buying?

You decide.

www.bunnyranch.com
Not Safe For Work
Not Safe For Kids
But since when has that stopped the kids at work.

Old September 29th 05, 04:14 AM
SVTKate

"Billy Ray" > wrote in message
: Take a coffee can, spray paint it silver, and clamp it to the end of your
: exhaust pipe.
:
: The bigger the coffee can the more powerful the result.
:
: I think Mike has verified improvements of over 25%.
: --

Oh BUT you must not forget the yellow stickers, they are good for at least
50 hp.
A NOS sticker, in yellow is worth it's weight in rice!

--
Kate
2O|||||||O5 Liberty

Old September 29th 05, 04:21 AM
SVTKate

OMG! Doug, that's just WRONG!

--
Kate
2O|||||||O5 Liberty

"DougW" > wrote in message
: Billy Ray did pass the time by typing:
: > Take a coffee can, spray paint it silver, and clamp it to the end of
your
: > exhaust pipe.
: >
: > The bigger the coffee can the more powerful the result.
: >
: > I think Mike has verified improvements of over 25%.
:
: 50 HP gain.
:
: http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/mycoffeecan/page1.html
:
: --
: DougW
:
:

Old September 29th 05, 05:04 AM
SVTKate

***PERK***
Bill gots porn???!!

--
Kate
2O|||||||O5 Liberty

"Lon" > wrote in message
:
:
: Bill, Bill, Bill, how many times we gotta tell you this is a *family*
: board, so stop posting your porno sites here.... >:-)
:
:
:
: L.W.(ßill) Hughes III proclaimed:
: > http://www.billhughes.com/ILoveMyHooker.jpg
: > http://www.billhughes.com/jeephooker.jpg
: > God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
: >
: >
: >

Old September 29th 05, 05:07 AM
Billy Ray

I think I need a penicillin shot.

--

www.bunnyranch.com

Old September 29th 05, 05:01 PM
Brian

User Example wrote:
> Is there any good exhause setups that will make my TJ 4.0 sound cool? I
> like the V8 dual exhause tat-tat-tat-tat sound. Can that be done or is
> it impossible with the 6 cylinder 4.0?

Borla makes a nice sounding exhaust for TJ/4.0 . A friend has it.
"sporty" Not super loud and doesn't sound like it belongs on a 350.

-Brian
Old September 29th 05, 06:30 PM
B a r r y

Brian wrote:

> Borla makes a nice sounding exhaust for TJ/4.0 . A friend has it.

Is that the stainless steel setup? Does it clear a trailer hitch?

My '99 will soon need an exhaust, and I can install the cat-back Borla
for what a local shop would charge to install crappy stuff. I know I
can install the same crappy stuff cheap, but if I'm going to put out the
effort, I'd rather use good stuff.
Old September 29th 05, 08:57 PM
Jeff Strickland

Any exhaust can be made to clear a trailer hitch. don't get too wrapped up
on that.

I bought the Borla header, then took my Jeep to the local muffler shop - a
Mom & Pop operation - and had them craft the rest of the exhaust system for
me. Actually, I had an exhaust failure and they made the system, then 6
months later I got the Borla and had them graft the system to my header.

In any case, they put in a few custom bends and welded the brackets where
they needed to be to fit around stuff that had to be there.

.. .