Warning!! Dangerous design flaw in the 2006 Jeep Wranglers!!

Old March 5th 06, 12:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Warning!! Dangerous design flaw in the 2006 Jeep Wranglers!!

i was 60 miles from my house and lost my clutch in my 89 yj. made it
home with no clutch and was able to drive it for a week till the garage
could get time to fix it... just need to know how to force it in some
times... kind of a waste of money tho cuz i did clutch work then just
did a engine and tranny swap and Soa..

Old March 5th 06, 03:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

You can also use an old trucker trick. It works well in traffic too. When
I'm driving the clutch big rig and I'm stuck in traffic, I'll slam it into
granny lo and just let it idle, keeping a large distance with the cars in
front of me. I'll roll for miles and miles while others are stopping and
going.

Do the same at stoplights.

Carl

oups.com...

Old March 5th 06, 04:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

My condolences to you Tim. I know the frustration of purchasing a
brand new DC vehicle and then having a major issue and DC customer
service offering no assistance whatsoever. My 98 TJ has been
trouble-free since mile one, but both DC minivans I have purchased new
have had a major issue at less than 1000 miles and DC customer service
basically told me to pound sand. [My '96 GC broke a camshaft at 995
miles necessitating a new engine - but the dealer gave me a new vehicle
instead. My '05 GC came from the factory with faulty software in the
body control electronics module that DC engineering had to re-write.]
Fortunately both issues were eventually resolved by the respective
dealers and I haven't had a single issue with either vehicle since.

The greatest frustration is the feeling of having paid DC $25K for the
priviledge of going through so much hassle. It just sours the new car
ownership experience beyond belief. And then the Big Three wonder why
people are willing to pay full retail price for a Toyota or Honda.

Having formerly lived in Chandler and done thousands of miles of
off-road Jeeping in Arizona, I would likewise be leery of another
failure in the future. But with the advice offered here and normal
safe off-road practices (never go alone) you've got thousands of miles
of Jeep adventures ahead of you. One trip down Crown King road to
Phoenix and you'll have forgotten about missing the gun show.

mc

Old March 5th 06, 06:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 00:57:31 UTC "Jon" > wrote:

> i was 60 miles from my house and lost my clutch in my 89 yj. made it
> home with no clutch and was able to drive it for a week till the garage
> could get time to fix it... just need to know how to force it in some
> times... kind of a waste of money tho cuz i did clutch work then just
> did a engine and tranny swap and Soa..

Everybody ought to learn to drive an old VW Bug with the cable-linked
clutch - it ain't if the clutch cable breaks, it's when.

All 3 of my kids got the lesson where you take them out in a parking
lot and show them how to use the starter in low to get a rolling
start, then how to fell the shift points with no clutch. On a fairly
steep slope where the starter lugs too much in first gear, put it in
2LO/first and I think you could start if you were climbing a phone
pole. As long as the engine will start in gear, you can putt along
until you find a level patch (or better yet, a downhil slope). The
big trick is to get it out of gear and coast toward stop lights until
you can get the light.

--
Will Honea
Old March 5th 06, 01:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

You're not alone, Japanese new car buyers share your experience with their
autos as well. Nippon vehicles do have their problems but, for some reason,
you don't hear about them. A few examples:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/autom...ta_engine.html : (My neighbor
got caught up in this one- that's why I'm aware of it.)

http://www.mycarstats.com/auto_Compl...Complaints.asp

http://www.mycarstats.com/auto_Compl...Complaints.asp

http://www.my3cents.com/search.cgi?criteria=Toyota

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/autom...nsmission.html

I speak from some experience, as one of the more troublesome cars I owned
was a Honda.

I firmly believe that the Japanese cars of the seventies and eighties shook
the Detroit auto manufacturers out of their lethargy, but now most American
cars are of comparable quality. In the here and now, the Japanese automakers
need to be looking over their shoulders at the Koreans. Just my $.02

oups.com...

Old March 5th 06, 02:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

And the Koreans need to be looking over their shoulders at the Chinese.

Earle

---snippy---

Old March 5th 06, 03:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Yep, you got that right...

om...

Old March 5th 06, 10:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

The east has got the desire to work for a pittance and exploit their
children if necessary to promote themselves to a basic lifestyle we would
all turn our noses up at. The west has the short termism to invest in
building factories for them to do so. The only thing the east doesn't have
is the financial regulation and the R&D knowledge. Guess what - we are in
the 2nd industrial revolution where knowledge has never before been spread
so easily. In short, we are all f*ked until they all catch up with us and
lose their competitive advantage. I'm glad I wasn't born recently.

Dave.

Old March 5th 06, 11:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Yep, suppose an earthquake happen??? That's why I carry at least a
thousand rounds.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old March 6th 06, 12:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Well yea. If you are talking about beer or better, a thousand rounds
might be useful. But remember always save the last one for yourself.
Especially if you are on the fields of Montana in the 1800's....

Larry