Warning!! Dangerous design flaw in the 2006 Jeep Wranglers!!

Old March 6th 06, 01:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Warning!! Dangerous design flaw in the 2006 Jeep Wranglers!!

As in a John Wayne movie for his woman? No thanks, I think I'd
rather be f**ked to death.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old March 6th 06, 01:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Only in your wildest dreams fella...only in your wildest dreams.

Larry

God Bless America's trees, Larry O|||||||||O

Old March 6th 06, 07:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I think if they went to a gun fight they were prepared:
http://www.texiancowboy.com/tcwe/ima...0_lrg_vert.jpg
Just like the Boy Scouts of today.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old March 6th 06, 02:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Mike Romain wrote:
> You need to learn how the vehicle works by the sounds of it....
>
> I have broken my clutch linkage on many occasions over the years and
> even have been around a couple TJ's when their clutch up and died.
>
> In 'all' these cases, we were able to dive home or at least able to
> starter walk the vehicle out of the intersection! Actually the last TJ
> owner that phoned me with a dead clutch in the middle of an intersection
> made it out of the way and all the way home on the starter just fine....
>
> On the older manual TJ's all you have to do is put a fuse in the 'auto'
> fuse slot to allow the engine to start with the clutch pedal up or to
> start in gear on purpose. This is for times when you are 'say' flooded
> out on a creek crossing. You can just hit the starter with the engine
> in 2nd gear and 'walk' the Jeep or even my old Volvo up out of the
> creek. LOL, been there...
>
> If you 'just' have busted linkage or loss of hydraulic fluid, then you
> can 'easily' start the vehicle by just pushing down on the clutch pedal
> while having the shifter in 2nd or 3rd, hit the starter and away you
> go. The interlock switch is at the top of the clutch pedal. It can
> just be jumpered too...
>
> It is a bear to shift without a clutch, but 'very' possible with a firm
> hand or starting in 3rd will limp you home at an easy 30 mph anyway or
> get you to a shop.

Exactly right Mike! I drove My YJ home 70 miles without a clutch. Same
idea as double clutching. Use the engine speed in neutral to get the
gears close to sync. For upshifting, let off on the gas to unload the
gear train, slide into neutral, and let off on the gas completely before
going into the next gear up. Downshifting is opposite where you rev the
engine in neutral. Put it into neutral when coming to a stop, shut the
engine down after stopping. Put it in first or second and start the
engine when it is time to go.

--
jeff
Old March 6th 06, 03:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

jeff wrote:

> Exactly right Mike! I drove My YJ home 70 miles without a clutch. Same
> idea as double clutching. Use the engine speed in neutral to get the
> gears close to sync.

I did the same with a Toyota truck when the slave cylinder burst. My
trip was only about 45 miles, though.

The bottom line is simply understanding how the vehicle works.
Old March 7th 06, 01:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

In article >,
Coasty <uscg_ret at comcast dot net> wrote:
#fault for being stupid not for properly being prepaired. What would you do
#out on the trail curl up in the fetal position and die?
Based on what he posted, pretty much yes... :-\

/herb
Old March 7th 06, 01:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

In article >,
Mike Romain > wrote:

#If you 'just' have busted linkage or loss of hydraulic fluid, then you
#can 'easily' start the vehicle by just pushing down on the clutch pedal
#while having the shifter in 2nd or 3rd, hit the starter and away you
#go. The interlock switch is at the top of the clutch pedal. It can
#just be jumpered too...
As a first model year YJ owner, I have driven home many times on a
leaked-out clutch slave cyl. I keep a bottle of dot-3 in the space
under the master cyls for that exact reason. Glad I did not have to
mess with a interlock switch.

#It is a bear to shift without a clutch, but 'very' possible with a firm
#hand or starting in 3rd will limp you home at an easy 30 mph anyway or
#get you to a shop.
Shifting without a clutch is pretty easy as long as you pay attention
to your RPMs and know where the sweet spot to shift is. Starting it
in gear is the PITA. Glad the starters were so easy to replace.

/herb
Old March 7th 06, 01:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

In article >,
billy ray > wrote:
#Winchesters and managed to fire of a couple hundred rounds. Seems to me
#that a pistol belt only holds 20 cartridges or so........ how did they do
#it?
Uh, the Director yelled, "CUT!!" and the Weapons Wrangler reloaded all
the guns for the actors so they would not chip a nail trying to figure
out which end of the round went in first?

Their are exeptions, tho. I know that the actors who played main parts
in Saving Private Ryan got their asses kicked from hell to breakfast by
a USMC Capt. named Dale Dye and they did know how to shoot, reload, and
clean their blank guns... And after someone fired 8 rounds out of a
garand, you heard the feed-me clang.

(At least I said "Wrangler" and WW2 was full of Jeeps...)

/herb
Old March 8th 06, 04:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

They reload during the obligatory commercials.

billy ray proclaimed:

http://www.billhughes.com/

Old March 8th 06, 04:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

They use speed loaders.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/