So Cal Jeep Trail Recomendstions

Old October 31st 06, 09:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Chris[_11_]

Default So Cal Jeep Trail Recomendstions

I'm going on a date this Saturday. I live in the Riverside area, and I
was wondering if anyone had any trail recomendations for my Jeep. I
would like to start at around 2p.m. and end up some where in the desert
(so I can have a camp fire) at night. We were thinking of Mojave, but
I'm open to ther sgestions. I'de like a challenging trail, but not
rock crawling because I don't have locking diffs.

Chris Maness

Old October 31st 06, 11:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

Where do you find Jeep girls?

oups.com...

Old October 31st 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Frank_v7.0

billy ray wrote:
> Where do you find Jeep girls?
>

> "Chris" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> I'm going on a date this Saturday. I live in the Riverside area, and I
>> was wondering if anyone had any trail recomendations for my Jeep. I
>> would like to start at around 2p.m. and end up some where in the desert
>> (so I can have a camp fire) at night. We were thinking of Mojave, but
>> I'm open to ther sgestions. I'de like a challenging trail, but not
>> rock crawling because I don't have locking diffs.
>>
>> Chris Maness

In Jeeps?

--
FRH
Old November 1st 06, 12:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jeff Strickland[_1_]

Never, that's NEVER, go into the desert alone. That's without another
vehicle, not a passenger in your Jeep.

Having said that, go to Anza Borrego State Park. You can get there through
Temecula, but a 2:00 pm start time is a bit late since it gets dark around
5. You'll get to the desert in time to watch the sun set over the mountains
you just drove down. If you left the house ar around noon, you'd have a nice
day in the desert, and still be able to get home.

You could take the Indian Truck Trail exit from the 15, south of Corona, and
go to the top of Saddleback Mountain. You can leave your house at 2, and
make it to the top easily. Watch the sun drop into the ocean, then drive
down the mountain and get a burger at Tom's Farm. Take your binoculars.

oups.com...

Old November 1st 06, 02:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Chris[_11_]

Jeff Strickland wrote:
> Never, that's NEVER, go into the desert alone. That's without another
> vehicle, not a passenger in your Jeep.

Even equiped with HAM radio?

Old November 1st 06, 02:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Chris[_11_]

Jeff Strickland wrote:
> Never, that's NEVER, go into the desert alone. That's without another
> vehicle, not a passenger in your Jeep.
>
> Having said that, go to Anza Borrego State Park. You can get there through
> Temecula, but a 2:00 pm start time is a bit late since it gets dark around
> 5. You'll get to the desert in time to watch the sun set over the mountains
> you just drove down. If you left the house ar around noon, you'd have a nice
> day in the desert, and still be able to get home.
>
> You could take the Indian Truck Trail exit from the 15, south of Corona, and
> go to the top of Saddleback Mountain. You can leave your house at 2, and
> make it to the top easily. Watch the sun drop into the ocean, then drive
> down the mountain and get a burger at Tom's Farm. Take your binoculars.
>

> "Chris" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > I'm going on a date this Saturday. I live in the Riverside area, and I
> > was wondering if anyone had any trail recomendations for my Jeep. I
> > would like to start at around 2p.m. and end up some where in the desert
> > (so I can have a camp fire) at night. We were thinking of Mojave, but
> > I'm open to ther sgestions. I'de like a challenging trail, but not
> > rock crawling because I don't have locking diffs.
> >
> > Chris Maness

Yea, I was looking at some stuff near Anza (Los Coyotes Indian Res.) I
might just go ealier and leave the wife behind. She's whining about
being to busy and not wanting to "get thrown around."

Chris Maness
KQ6UP

Old November 1st 06, 02:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Lon

Chris proclaimed:

> Jeff Strickland wrote:
>
>>Never, that's NEVER, go into the desert alone. That's without another
>>vehicle, not a passenger in your Jeep.
>>

> Even equiped with HAM radio?

Yup, even with a ham radio, a cell phone, a citizens band. Perhaps if
you have an Ultralight it might not be such a bad idea... Or at least
make darned sure you leave behind a very clear map of where you are
going, do not deviate from that route, and a clear time where and when
you plan to return. Even members of the old Jeep Posse around Green
River/Moab had that rule... and those were locals that knew the area
very well--which is why the rule.
Old November 1st 06, 03:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Chris[_11_]

Lon wrote:
> Chris proclaimed:
>
> > Jeff Strickland wrote:
> >
> >>Never, that's NEVER, go into the desert alone. That's without another
> >>vehicle, not a passenger in your Jeep.
> >>

> > Even equiped with HAM radio?
> >

> Yup, even with a ham radio, a cell phone, a citizens band. Perhaps if
> you have an Ultralight it might not be such a bad idea... Or at least
> make darned sure you leave behind a very clear map of where you are
> going, do not deviate from that route, and a clear time where and when
> you plan to return. Even members of the old Jeep Posse around Green
> River/Moab had that rule... and those were locals that knew the area
> very well--which is why the rule.

Sounds good, anyone down to go out this Saturday?

Chris Maness

Old November 1st 06, 04:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

Los Coyotes Indian Res. is closed.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old November 1st 06, 05:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Chris[_11_]

> Los Coyotes Indian Res. is closed.

What happened there?

M151 revamped? Is it a Real Jeep? [email protected] Jeep 12 January 4th 06 04:59 PM
YJ Breaks down - Bad Triple AAA Experience. Lou Boncek Jeep 9 December 18th 05 10:55 PM
Our New Trail 4X4PLAY Jeep 7 October 10th 05 03:47 AM
Jeep VS others Elliot Westcott Chrysler 64 December 19th 04 02:22 PM