OT newsreader questions

Old January 14th 07, 02:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_3_]

Default OT newsreader questions

"Carl" > wrote in message
. ..
>I also like how outlook express juggles all my newsgroups and e-mail
>accounts in one easy to use package.
>
> Carl

That's one of the things I like too. The easy way you can drag and drop with
email, choices of plain or enhanced formats to insert photos or attachments.
Yup OE is my software of choice.

Old January 14th 07, 02:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_3_]

"Mike" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I use groups.google.com/group/rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
>
> With OE, you have to download all the news messages, the new junk, etc.
>
> Mike

No, no you don't .
It just dowmloads the hedders. It doesn't download the message until you
click on it to display it.
It's all in the settings.

Kate

Old January 14th 07, 02:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_3_]

He said he is using his browser, didn't say OE....

Old January 14th 07, 06:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
ufatbasted[_1_]

Kate wrote:
> "ufatbasted" > wrote in message
>> Kate wrote:
>>> "ufatbasted" > wrote in
>>>
>>> OUTLOOK and Outlook Express, are two COMPLETELY different animals.
>>> I don't much like Outlook either but OE is the news handler if you are
>>> using Outlook.
>>>
>>> Kate
>>>

>> My issue is more with Microsoft products, Being an aging hippy, its my
>> little revolution. I wont use IE either.

> We each have our own windmills to tilt.
>
> Personally, Big Bill is one of my heroes.
>
> Yup... sure is.
> Kate

Bill Hughes?
Old January 14th 07, 09:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
bllsht

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 13:03:32 -0500, ufatbasted >
wrote:

>Kate wrote:

>>> My issue is more with Microsoft products, Being an aging hippy, its my
>>> little revolution. I wont use IE either.

>> We each have our own windmills to tilt.
>>
>> Personally, Big Bill is one of my heroes.
>>
>> Yup... sure is.
>> Kate
>>

>Bill Hughes?

LMAO!

Old January 14th 07, 11:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
XS11E[_1_]

"ufatbastehd" > wrote:

> All
>
> I been reading and posting here the past few years using google
> groups via my browser.
> I'm sick of the trolls and need to killfile them.
> What newsreader do you guys use. I have xnews put just dont like
> the interface.

Don't know why you don't like the interface but you can't find a
newsreader better at scoring and killfiling than Xnews.
Old January 15th 07, 12:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

Well, I am trying out thunderbird vs the old Netscape Communicator 4.79
which I like a lot and... well.... not sure yet.

It is way too 'flashy' with icons for everything. I am slowly weeding
that out, but still...

The headers are far too big so the view page is much smaller. Even in
text the header bars are fat pigs that take up way too much space. HTML
size, not a text line...

The mail and news is all crammed into one main window and I haven't
figured out yet how to make one for each like the old one did so I can
just flip between the groups I have open and the email by tagging the
bottom bar.

The email 'here' bottom row arrow down tag doesn't open the email window
like 4.79 does.

The layout is crowded even still.

Still not sure if I am posting in html or text!

I will play around with it for a while, but....

Tried Xnews, don't like it much either, but am getting to learn it too
just because I have nothing else to do.

I don't use filters. I don't want to use filters, so that aspect of any
reader is not a plus or minus for me. I seem to be one of the few that
quote the Charter to Spammers, with quite good results by the way, most
email me back privately saying they won't continue. There are some
however....

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old January 15th 07, 12:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Lon

Have you tried Seamonkey? In My Non Humble Opinion, it resembles
Mozilla 1.7.x more than FireFox is. In classic mode is reasonably close
to old Communicator--except that both Mozilla 1.x and Seamonkey have far
more compliant HTML and CSS support.

Plus if you don't like their setup, you can use advanced preferences and
pretty much make it do as you please.

Mike Romain proclaimed:

Old January 15th 07, 03:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_3_]

"ufatbasted" > wrote
>> Yup... sure is.
>> Kate

> Bill Hughes?

Uhh...
No.

Bill Gates - you dope.

Old January 15th 07, 03:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
ufatbastehd

XS11E wrote:
> "ufatbastehd" > wrote:
>
> > All
> >
> > I been reading and posting here the past few years using google
> > groups via my browser.
> > I'm sick of the trolls and need to killfile them.
> > What newsreader do you guys use. I have xnews put just dont like
> > the interface.

> Don't know why you don't like the interface but you can't find a
> newsreader better at scoring and killfiling than Xnews.

I don't know either but I'm not comfortable with it. I really liked
google groups through the browser, but no killfile.
I still have it installed an will play around with it and thunderbird,
so far thunderbird is not so bad.
May try seamonkey as another poster suggested, really like the name!