Gasoline cans, Blitz, out of business, where to get cap?

Old September 3rd 15, 03:05 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Ablang[_2_]

Default Gasoline cans, Blitz, out of business, where to get cap?

A bunch of my Blitz 5-gallon portable gas containers have the lousy spout
broken (cracked around the center so that they now leak).

The company appears to be out of business, even though the gas cans are
only a couple of years old.

The gas cans are fine. Just the spouts are broken. I never use the spout
anyway. I just remove the spout and pour into a funnel.

Since I just use the spout as a gas cap, is there a replacement gas cap
that you know about for the 5 gallon Blitz gas cans?

Old September 3rd 15, 03:10 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

In article >, Ablang > wrote:
>A bunch of my Blitz 5-gallon portable gas containers have the lousy spout
>broken (cracked around the center so that they now leak).
>
>The company appears to be out of business, even though the gas cans are
>only a couple of years old.
>
>The gas cans are fine. Just the spouts are broken. I never use the spout
>anyway. I just remove the spout and pour into a funnel.
>
>Since I just use the spout as a gas cap, is there a replacement gas cap
>that you know about for the 5 gallon Blitz gas cans?

I believe you want this:
http://www.amazon.com/Gas-Can-Cap-Re.../dp/B00NB3UUDK
--scott

Old September 4th 15, 08:58 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Ablang[_2_]

gfretwell wrote:

> I always threw the spout away and just use the cap ring. You can make a
> round blank out of just about any kind of heavy plastic and the plumbing
> department at the hardware store has a rubber ring the right size to
> seal it. The rubber ring will hold the disk in the cap ring.

I will try that with the two broken spouts that I have. They do seem to
be "stuck" in, so, to remove the centerpiece, I have to "break" something.
Old September 5th 15, 12:11 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Friday, September 4, 2015 at 2:58:57 PM UTC-5, Ablang wrote:
> gfretwell wrote:
>
> > I always threw the spout away and just use the cap ring. You can make a
> > round blank out of just about any kind of heavy plastic and the plumbing
> > department at the hardware store has a rubber ring the right size to
> > seal it. The rubber ring will hold the disk in the cap ring.

> I will try that with the two broken spouts that I have. They do seem to
> be "stuck" in, so, to remove the centerpiece, I have to "break" something.

If you see any REAL gas cans at junk shops, flea markets, yard sales.... Grab them!
Old September 7th 15, 06:29 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

JR wrote:

> REAL gas cans

By this, you mean the pre CARB "dribble gas on your feet and leak like hell"
cans, correct?

--
Paul Hovnanian
It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word.

Old September 7th 15, 07:19 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Monday, September 7, 2015 at 12:29:46 PM UTC-5, Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:
> JR wrote:
>
> > REAL gas cans

> By this, you mean the pre CARB "dribble gas on your feet and leak like hell"
> cans, correct?
>
> --
> Paul Hovnanian
> It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word.
> -- Andrew Jackson

Google,,, Vintage Gasoline Cans ..I have about half a dozen of them.They don't have any plastic crap either.
Old September 8th 15, 07:46 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve W.[_6_]

Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:
> JR wrote:
>
>> REAL gas cans

> By this, you mean the pre CARB "dribble gas on your feet and leak like hell"
> cans, correct?

Go to a Tractor Supply or many other farm type stores and you will find
a replacement cap and spout assembly that is sold to replace "water can"
parts. It is a kit with 2-3 threaded rings, a spout and caps to fit
various "water cans". Since the companies who made/make blow molded fuel
containers also made water storage cans, the parts fit like a glove.

I have a few of the kits as I have a few "water containers" around here.

http://ezpourspout.com/

--
Steve W.

The Blitz gasoline can - what went wrong - what needs to be fixed Danny D Technology 145 June 19th 14 11:59 PM
GM readies Chevy Silverado ad blitz to recapture pickup share Rob Auto Photos 0 July 2nd 13 11:40 AM
Blitz gas can question ULB Jeep 1 January 13th 09 11:05 PM
Reposts for barabing13 - File 37 of 95 - blitz.gif (1/1) Mike G[_2_] Old Timers Photos 0 July 25th 07 05:24 PM