VUE windshield washer spray nozzle blowing out

Old September 25th 04, 01:59 PM
Scout

Default VUE windshield washer spray nozzle blowing out

I wonder if any other VUE owners are having a problem with the windshield
washer spray nozzles blowing out. I've had my VUE back 4 times now to have
nozzles replaced. I asked if Saturn is addressing the problem and the
manager told me no, but that they would replace it under warranty, until the
warranty expires, then it's on me.
Scout
"losing faith in Saturn"

Old September 26th 04, 10:56 AM
Scout

The nozzles seem to be just pressed into a small well. They last a few
months and then, while using the washer fluid, you'll hear a "tink" on the
windshield and it's the nozzle, forced out of the well, and bouncing off the
windshield. I don't know if I'm the only one this is happening too, I was
wondering if the design didn't provide enough friction (around the well) to
hold in the nozzle. Dirt is always a possibility. I never use anything other
than Rain-x (pink) windshild fluid. Perhaps it's too viscous?
Scout

Old October 30th 04, 03:50 PM
tony

happened to me so I used a sparingly amount of crazy glue.

Old November 1st 04, 12:13 PM
Chasberry

"tony" > wrote in message news:<9TNgd.157$Z22.71@trndny04>...
> happened to me so I used a sparingly amount of crazy glue.

Happened to me too (I don't use Rain-X).
Pretty sad if they don't have a permanent fix for this simple problem!
Taking it back to the dealer soon to fix this and the LF wheel bearing.
Old February 1st 05, 12:42 AM
Chuck

Scout wrote:
> I wonder if any other VUE owners are having a problem with the

windshield
> washer spray nozzles blowing out. I've had my VUE back 4 times now to

have
> nozzles replaced. I asked if Saturn is addressing the problem and the

> manager told me no, but that they would replace it under warranty,

until the
> warranty expires, then it's on me.
> Scout
> "losing faith in Saturn"

Saturn recently replaced my driver-side nozzle (barely still under
warranty). Passenger side promptly popped out just out of warranty. I
just purchased 2 replacement nozzles ($7 ea. - yikes!). Rather than
pulling the cowl off to replace the entire little goose-neck assembly -
just to have the center nozzle blow out again - I whittled-down the
outer 'holder' until the keyed nozzle came loose. I then inserted the
nozzle half-way into the existing goose-neck, sparingly applied some
crazy glue around the perimeter and pushed the nozzle home. Hopefully
this will be a permanent fix.