Nikki Catsouras "Porsche Girl" some thoughts

Old May 5th 09, 10:47 PM posted to soc.culture.usa,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,alt.gossip.celebrities
obbzerver

Default Nikki Catsouras "Porsche Girl" some thoughts

Girl swipes daddy's Porsche and rams it into a tollbooth, photos of
her mangled body in the car get leaked onto the internet. Parents sue
the cops in moral outrage.

Obviously not a scenario that you would wish on someone but I keep
seeing this girl framed as some kind of "victim".

Our brain-dead media numbed society focuses on how pretty she was.
What seems to get lost is that the entire scenario was caused by the
actions of Nikki Catsouras. From reports I've seen apparently she was
a repeat drug user and had coke in her system when she died. Had she
survived but maimed or killed others how would she be viewed? How many
would be calling her an irresponsible, uncaring drugged-up rich girl
from an overindulgent home who should be sent to prison for life or be
put to death for callously destroying the lives of others?

And in fact, how much regard did she show for the welfare of others?

Her actions were exactly those required to cause death and injury. It
was just by virtue of chance circumstance that no one besides her was
killed - no other motorists, a toll booth attendant etc. The fact that
she sideswiped another car is given only passing reference. That's
someone who escaped death by a sliver. Yet what seems to get focused
on is how "wrong" it is to show the reality of what occurred.
Old May 6th 09, 01:10 AM posted to soc.culture.usa,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,alt.gossip.celebrities
[email protected][_1_]

On May 5, 5:47*pm, obbzerver > wrote:
> Obviously not a scenario that you would wish on someone but I keep
> seeing this girl framed as some kind of "victim".
>
> Our brain-dead media numbed society focuses on how pretty she was.
> What seems to get lost is that the entire scenario was caused by the
> actions of Nikki Catsouras. From reports I've seen apparently she was
> a repeat drug user and had coke in her system when she died. Had she
> survived but maimed or killed others how would she be viewed? How many
> would be calling her an irresponsible, uncaring drugged-up rich girl
> from an overindulgent home who should be sent to prison for life or be
> put to death for callously destroying the lives of others?

What about her PARENTS' role in this? They knew she'd been
hospitalized last year on a cocaine overdose. They let her drive a
high-speed sports car. They were surprised that she wrecked it?

http://www.Internet-Gun-Show.com - your source for hard-to-find stuff!
Old May 6th 09, 01:40 AM posted to soc.culture.usa,rec.autos.driving,alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.california,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
SoCally

Of course I'm sure all of the 3 posters above me have PERFECT children
who never do anything wrong.

ahem

I agree with the family that there should be some protection. The two
men who leaked the photos are sleazebags and should have been punished
in a major way.

And whoever the sick ass is who emailed her family the photos should
basically rot in hell. The person pretended the email was about a
property or something, so the Dad opened it and instead got pictures
of his daughter. That's such an awful thing to do, I can't imagine why
they would do it.
Old May 6th 09, 01:49 AM posted to soc.culture.usa,rec.autos.driving,alt.california,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
The Real Bev[_5_]

SoCally wrote:

> And whoever the sick ass is who emailed her family the photos should
> basically rot in hell. The person pretended the email was about a
> property or something, so the Dad opened it and instead got pictures
> of his daughter. That's such an awful thing to do, I can't imagine why
> they would do it.

Perhaps to punish them for raising such an irresponsible daughter.

--
Cheers, Bev
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~
Old May 6th 09, 09:35 AM posted to soc.culture.usa,rec.autos.driving,alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.california,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
SoCally

> If it is, you've dumped your responsibilities on
> someone else just like the Catsouras family did with Nikki.
>
> Nikki Catsouras was a known drug abuser. *Why were her parents
> allowing her to jeopardize the rest of the family by permitting
> her to drive anything? * Granted she snagged the porsche without
> permission, but she had been permitted to drive family vehicles
> prior to that, and her parents knew she had been drinking and
> drugging when she did.

Oh I see. I didn't know you were personally involved and knew the
family intimately. I didn't know you met Nikki and knew all about her
history firsthand.

(more sarcasm for you)

> Your ignorance is showing. *"They" didn't "leak" them, one of
> them did. *That person was Aaron Reich. *No laws were broken,
> but common decency should have been observed.

No YOUR ignorance is showing. Emailing them to friends and family is
LEAKING them. It doesn't have to be to a press outlet, things can be
leaked to ANY source. If they didn't leak them, her Dad wouldn't have
received that awful email. This is all on them. They are a disgrace to
the CHP. And they BOTH did it which is why they are BOTH being sued.

> Why are the photos of Nikki Catsouras any different than those
> of Nick Berg? *Every news source in the world ran the Nick Berg
> beheading for days. *They're still all over the Internet. *How
> do think his parents and loved ones felt the first time they saw
> the videos on television no less? *Whats different about her and
> the pictures of dead American troops with their arms and legs
> missing? *Are their familes any lesser because their child was
> killed fighting an unpopular war? *They didn't have a choice,
> she did.

Who said it was different?

> It doesn't change the fact that the Catsouras family is
> dysfunctional, in denial and handling the matter poorly. *There
> is no way they can hide the fact that she's dead, and
> circumstances beyond their control made it worse. *BUT, they
> further compounded it, traumatizing the remaining children by
> over-emphasizing the situation. *They have responsibilities to
> the survivors. *They have to teach them how to move on and move
> past the poor behavior of others. *You can't shelter kids from
> everything, and you don't get anywhere by lying to them. *They
> may be young and need guidance, but they aren't as stupid as
> some parents think they are. *Kids heal faster and move on if
> you let them.

The photos are already infamous. What they are doing is important and
needs to be done. The law needs to catch up with the age of the
internet. There should be protective of people's privacy, especially
photos of their corpse. No reasonable person would think otherwise.
Old May 6th 09, 09:33 PM posted to soc.culture.usa,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,alt.gossip.celebrities
Nancy2

On May 5, 4:47 pm, obbzerver > wrote:
> Girl swipes daddy's Porsche and rams it into a tollbooth, photos of
> her mangled body in the car get leaked onto the internet. Parents sue
> the cops in moral outrage.
>
> Obviously not a scenario that you would wish on someone but I keep
> seeing this girl framed as some kind of "victim".

You conveniently left out the part about her early-age brain surgery
and the diagnosis that it may impact her in later life (like when
she's 18) by not inhibiting some spontaneous actions and affecting her
judgment. It isn't the kind of thing for which pictures should be
distributed on the internet - how would you feel if that were your
sister, mother, wife or daughter? She is not the victim, she's dead,
it is her family who are being victimized.

N.
Old May 6th 09, 09:43 PM posted to soc.culture.usa,rec.autos.driving,alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.california,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Nancy2

But in some states, the law prevents the dissemination of SOME
pictures. Check out Florida and the death of Dale Earnhardt Sr.

N.
Old May 6th 09, 10:44 PM posted to soc.culture.usa,rec.autos.driving,alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.california,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
SoCally

> You're almost as simple as the Laguna Niguel and Talega twits.
>
> I guess you missed the SMCHS part... *Ladera Ranch is the other
> side of the tracks of the Peyton Place circle in that part of
> OC. *Nikki Catsouras wasn't exactly flying under the radar
> before she did herself in. *She spent some time partying with
> kids from Dove and Coto. *There are no secrets in Dove and Coto.

You seem to have a personal ax to grind with the family. You should
really analyze that because it's actually very bizarre.

> Thank you for quoting what I said, it simply makes my point. *
> Her parents were going to get roasted for their irresponsibility
> anyway, pictures or not. *Who cares if they sue the individuals?
> *They won't get a dime out of it and they'll just run themselves
> deeper in debt than they already are. *If they had any brains,
> they'd shut up and stop painting a bullseye on their foreheads. *
> The more noise they make, the more attention worthy the pictures
> are. *When those pictures stop generating search hits and
> traffic, they will naturally succumb anyway. *Something better
> always comes along to replace them. *Most sites were already
> dumping the pictures until the parents made a big deal about it,
> then they started spreading again. *You might say they were
> their own worst enemies.

"Most sites" were not dumping the pictures. Get real!

Again, you seem to have personal issues with the family that are
clouding your views. Or maybe you're just a troll looking to fight.

> > Who said it was different?

> That's the whole point, it's not. *Her death was tragic, but
> certainly not worth canonizing. *That's what her parents are
> trying to do, and there is a small flock of misguided nutsacks
> egging them on. *She's dead, gone by her own hand. *Wasting
> energy trying to get revenge to absolve themselves of guilt will
> solve nothing.

No, the whole point is you brought in another case randomly hoping to
add another element to fight about.

I don't think ANY family should have to deal with people viewing
photos of their dead loved one.

One day you might be in this same position, then you will understand
why it's wrong.

> There is no law against photographing a corpse and there never
> will be. *News photographers, students, cops and coroners do it
> every single day. *The corpse doesn't care, why should you or
> anyone else?

You are clueless. There ARE LAWS against it. There are also laws
against abuse of a corpse, among other things. The issue is creating
the same type of laws to address images on the internet.

There will be a law against it at some point because of families
creating law by suing, which is what the Catsouras family is doing.

Now go enjoy to your trolling.
Old May 6th 09, 10:57 PM posted to soc.culture.usa,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,alt.gossip.celebrities
$B5mKb2&(B

I don't really know what the family's angle is, except maybe just
simple publicity. Because of their media blitz, more people than ever
will be seeking out those pics.

I also agree that were she not rich, pretty, and white, the press
would not be reporting this.

It apparently wasn't illegal or against any police policies at the
time.
I remember being forced to watch movies in Driver's Ed that had
graphic pictures of people crushed and ripped apart. I don't see what
the difference is.
Old May 6th 09, 11:21 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,alt.gossip.celebrities,alt.california,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Thank God I'm Not A Liberal

On 06 May 2009, Nancy2 > posted some news:d812abfe-
:

> But in some states, the law prevents the dissemination of SOME
> pictures. Check out Florida and the death of Dale Earnhardt Sr.
>
> N.

Florida isn't California.