Vancouver BC mustang racer Greg Henschell

Old October 23rd 05, 11:03 PM

Default Vancouver BC mustang racer Greg Henschell

He has one of the fastest mustangs in Vancouver but can't pay people he
cheats on Ebay. He recently ran a 8 second pass at Mission.
Greg Henschell sold me a used stock powerglide he advertised as a BRAND
NEW J&W full manual valvebody. He didn't post a picture of it. I bought
it fot $140 and when it arrived it was a used stock valvebody. WE
agreed to a refund, I paid to have it returned . He told me it wasn't
the same valvebody he sent. This is his feedback on ebay
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...rid=ahenschell

the purpose of this post is to warn people of buying items on e-bay
without a picture listed and to tell everyone you only have 30 days to
file a complaint with pay pal.

Old October 23rd 05, 11:33 PM
Spike

On 23 Oct 2005 15:03:30 -0700, wrote:

>He has one of the fastest mustangs in Vancouver but can't pay people he
>cheats on Ebay. He recently ran a 8 second pass at Mission.
>Greg Henschell sold me a used stock powerglide he advertised as a BRAND
>NEW J&W full manual valvebody. He didn't post a picture of it. I bought
>it fot $140 and when it arrived it was a used stock valvebody. WE
>agreed to a refund, I paid to have it returned . He told me it wasn't
>the same valvebody he sent. This is his feedback on ebay

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...rid=ahenschell

>the purpose of this post is to warn people of buying items on e-bay
>without a picture listed and to tell everyone you only have 30 days to
>file a complaint with pay pal.

Since I only have your side of the story, I can only suggest this...

I know PayPal has a system in place to handle such situations, and I
thought eBay had it's own system in place to protect the buyer as
well. No idea about limitations, but if you can't get satisfaction
through PayPal, My thinking was that they had coverage up to a certain
dollar amount where they essentially returned your money. I'd look
into the eBay angle. EBay has usually been very concerned about their
reputation being screwed up by customers being ripped off. .
Spike
w/Black Std Interior, A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok;
Vintage 40 16" rims w/225/50ZR16 KDWS BF Goodrich
gForce Radial T/As, Cobra drop; surround sound
audio-video...
See my ride at....
Feb 2004- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/003_May_21_3004.jpg
Feb 2004- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/005_May_21_2004.jpg
Jul 2005- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/d..._11_05_002.jpg
Jul 2005- http://207.36.208.198/albums/86810/E...ebuild_006.jpg
Old October 23rd 05, 11:54 PM

30 days is the limit to file with Pay Pal. Greg waited 10 days after
the auction ended to send it from Canada and when I sent it back he
waited 12 days to pick it up. Between those times was 5 days of emails
on what to do. On the 31st day after the auction he told me he wasn't
paying. I filed a fraud complaint with ebay but they have no power to
force anything. I filed a fraud complaint with the local poice there
also.

Old October 24th 05, 01:29 AM
Hairy

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> He has one of the fastest mustangs in Vancouver but can't pay people he
> cheats on Ebay. He recently ran a 8 second pass at Mission.
> Greg Henschell sold me a used stock powerglide he advertised as a BRAND
> NEW J&W full manual valvebody. He didn't post a picture of it. I bought
> it fot $140 and when it arrived it was a used stock valvebody. WE
> agreed to a refund, I paid to have it returned . He told me it wasn't
> the same valvebody he sent. This is his feedback on ebay
> http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...rid=ahenschell
>

> the purpose of this post is to warn people of buying items on e-bay
> without a picture listed and to tell everyone you only have 30 days to
> file a complaint with pay pal.

Since this transaction took place amost 2 years ago, I doubt you have any
recourse, now.
OTOH, if it went down the way you say, I don't blame you for wanting to put
his name out on usenet, as a warning to others. Something similar happened
to me on eBay, a few years back, and it still ****es me off.

Dave

Old October 24th 05, 04:23 AM
Spike

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 19:29:54 -0500, "Hairy" > wrote:

> wrote in message
roups.com...
>> He has one of the fastest mustangs in Vancouver but can't pay people he
>> cheats on Ebay. He recently ran a 8 second pass at Mission.
>> Greg Henschell sold me a used stock powerglide he advertised as a BRAND
>> NEW J&W full manual valvebody. He didn't post a picture of it. I bought
>> it fot $140 and when it arrived it was a used stock valvebody. WE
>> agreed to a refund, I paid to have it returned . He told me it wasn't
>> the same valvebody he sent. This is his feedback on ebay
>> http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...rid=ahenschell
>>

>> the purpose of this post is to warn people of buying items on e-bay
>> without a picture listed and to tell everyone you only have 30 days to
>> file a complaint with pay pal.
>>

>Since this transaction took place amost 2 years ago, I doubt you have any
>recourse, now.
>OTOH, if it went down the way you say, I don't blame you for wanting to put
>his name out on usenet, as a warning to others. Something similar happened
>to me on eBay, a few years back, and it still ****es me off.
>
>Dave

Ah, there's the rub.... not sayin' it ain't true, but when you only
hear one side of the story, it's always a question of whether it's
someone who made a bad judgment in a purchase and is blaming the
seller, or what. I've run into a lot of people who get po about
something and they start slamming people or products, when it was the
complainant who was in the wrong. It's all like hearing only one side
of a phone conversation. Have to be careful not to jump to judge. I
like the way you put it "if it went down the way you say...". Lot of
people might take up the cry for a lynching when the one they should
really be after is the one who started it.