2000 passat turbo needs timing belt.

Old December 3rd 08, 05:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1[_2_]

Default 2000 passat turbo needs timing belt.

Good pictures to show the locations of the engine and block codes.

*** Please note that the cylinder head is not out of an USA Passat, so the
codes will probably not match the original poster's codes.
At least you will know where they are located! ;-)

Old December 3rd 08, 06:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
skidflap

thanks once again you folks are great!!!!!
i havent had such speedy answers anywhere except thumpertalk for my dual
sport bike.
Matt
1.. Danke! (DAHNK-uh) Thanks! Thank you.
2.. Danke schön!* (DAHNK-uh shoon) Thank you!
3.. Tausend Dank! (TAU-zent DAHNK) A thousand thanks! Thanks very much!
4.. Danke vielmals! (DAHNK-uh FEEL-malls) Many thanks!
5.. Recht schönen Dank! (RECHT shoon-en DAHNK) Many thanks!
6.. Ich danke Ihnen/dir! (eech DAHNK-uh EEH-nun / DEAR) I thank you!
7.. Ich bin (Ihnen/dir) sehr dankbar für... (eek bin DAHNK-bar fe-ur) I'm
very grateful (to you) for...
8.. Haben Sie vielen Dank! (HAH-ben zee FEEL-en DAHNK) Many thanks!
9.. Vielen Dank!** (FEEL-en DAHNK) Many thanks!
10.. Mit tiefer Dankbarkeit! (MITT TEEF-er DAHNK-bar-kite) With deep
gratitude!

Old August 29th 11, 05:53 AM posted to alt.autos.makers.vw,rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,rec.autos.vw
Rick[_21_]

Where are you located, Matt?

Old August 29th 11, 02:22 PM posted to alt.autos.makers.vw,rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,rec.autos.vw
Lexicographer

Try Ebay - Elsawin. Full maintenance manuals as used by VW agents
("unofficial" copies).

Seems to me that the tensioner hasn't done too bad to have done 95k
miles, and neither has the timing belt, assuming they haven't been
replaced already.

I juggle around with figures of 60,000 miles / 4 years for timing belt
and water pump change. More miles, less time, or more time less miles,
sort of balance.

I also change all associated bearings and tensioners at the same time.