novice silly, but what is the type of wrench to take off the starteron a passat (1990)

Old October 24th 11, 09:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
OrganicGrassDairy

Default novice silly, but what is the type of wrench to take off the starteron a passat (1990)

Not an allen wrench. Even found an elusive H9, and it's not that.

I'm sure you're like gee, everyone that's ever worked on a VW knows
it's a ______
....but it's my first time with a VW!

Pretty excited to get rolling with it, it has a 1.6 L diesel, put in 2
years ago, and have the WVO kit to put on yet. Not turbo, but it'll
get my family the 40mpg for the single trips we make so often.

Thanks so much for the help.

Scott
Old October 25th 11, 01:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
PeterD

On 10/24/2011 4:51 PM, OrganicGrassDairy wrote:
> Not an allen wrench. Even found an elusive H9, and it's not that.
>
> I'm sure you're like gee, everyone that's ever worked on a VW knows
> it's a ______
> ...but it's my first time with a VW!
>
> Pretty excited to get rolling with it, it has a 1.6 L diesel, put in 2
> years ago, and have the WVO kit to put on yet. Not turbo, but it'll
> get my family the 40mpg for the single trips we make so often.
>
> Thanks so much for the help.
>
> Scott

Just a WAG, but a torex?

--
I'm never going to grow up.
Old October 25th 11, 02:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
LM[_3_]

Not 100% sure about one that year, bot have seen some triple square bolts on
starters.

Old October 25th 11, 02:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
PeterD

On 10/25/2011 9:12 AM, LM wrote:
> Not 100% sure about one that year, bot have seen some triple square bolts on
> starters.
>

> > wrote in message
>> Not an allen wrench. Even found an elusive H9, and it's not that.
>>
>> I'm sure you're like gee, everyone that's ever worked on a VW knows
>> it's a ______
>> ...but it's my first time with a VW!
>>
>> Pretty excited to get rolling with it, it has a 1.6 L diesel, put in 2
>> years ago, and have the WVO kit to put on yet. Not turbo, but it'll
>> get my family the 40mpg for the single trips we make so often.
>>
>> Thanks so much for the help.
>>
>> Scott

One possible solution is the S-K 'spline' socket set. Those things will
fit almost anything (I have a set, and do manage to use it from time to
time...)

--
I'm never going to grow up.