Stop light Switch 75 CJ-5

Old December 2nd 04, 03:23 AM
Moggy2cat

Default Stop light Switch 75 CJ-5

This week i changed the stop light switch on my 75 CJ-5...no big
deal...but...this is at least the 5th switch, in nearly 200,000 miles... am i
doing somthing wrong ? or is this par for Jeep ? TIA Gene...original owner 75
cj-5, w/tbi and hei...
Old December 2nd 04, 03:47 AM
DougW

Moggy2cat did pass the time by typing:
> This week i changed the stop light switch on my 75 CJ-5...no big
> deal...but...this is at least the 5th switch, in nearly 200,000 miles... am i
> doing somthing wrong ? or is this par for Jeep ? TIA Gene...original owner 75
> cj-5, w/tbi and hei...

I'd recheck all the brake bulbs, sockets, and ground connections. You might be
pulling too much juice and wearing the switch out prematurely.

Never had a brake switch go bad in any of my vehicles.

--
DougW

Old December 2nd 04, 03:47 AM
DougW

E36 Light Switch Brian BMW 5 January 11th 05 07:34 PM
Phantom Plates Stop Red Light Tickets Chris Perdue 4x4 4 November 4th 04 04:24 PM
S3(a3) light switch removal? Andy Audi 0 August 27th 04 04:40 PM