Sierra Trip over Memorial Weekend+

Old May 29th 08, 01:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
ULB

Default Sierra Trip over Memorial Weekend+

Had to come home early, my mom who was watching my younger son is ill.

In any case,

Highlights are Owens river, Tinemaha res, scotty's castle, crowley
lake, rock creek lake, cerro gordo trail (had a blast here, made my
a@@ pucker), and grass valley.

Pics are here. http://4wheeltmc.shutterfly.com

The congo cage held up well, I was surprised at how much the basket
and cage flexed (makes a bit of noise, but hell, my whole jeep makes
nasty noises anyway!).

I had ~ 200 lbs up top. I think she's a keeper.

Take care and happy wheelin,
Old May 29th 08, 03:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
nrs

On May 28, 7:18*pm, ULB > wrote:
> Had to come home early, my mom who was watching my younger son is ill.
>
> In any case,
>
> Highlights are Owens river, Tinemaha res, scotty's castle, crowley
> lake, rock creek lake, cerro gordo trail (had a blast here, made my
> a@@ pucker), and grass valley.
>
> Pics are here. *http://4wheeltmc.shutterfly.com
>
> The congo cage held up well, I was surprised at how much the basket
> and cage flexed (makes a bit of noise, but hell, my whole jeep makes
> nasty noises anyway!).
>
> I had ~ 200 lbs up top. *I think she's a keeper.
>
> Take care and happy wheelin,

Great pictures!
Old June 1st 08, 10:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_6_]

Those were great photos!
Some really scenic vista views, not a bad photographer either.

So, is your little sidekick your traveling garden gnome? I think he need a
little red hat with a point on the top ;¬D

Was it just the two of you, or did you have someone else along in another
rig?

Man, looks like a nice leisurely trip. Maybe someday, I'll get a chance to
go there too.
My grandfather was a gold miner, so I was really fascinated with the shots
of the old mines. Are they still working them or are they abandoned?

K.

Old June 2nd 08, 07:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
ULB

On Jun 1, 2:13*pm, "Kate" > wrote:
> Those were great photos!
> Some really scenic vista views, not a bad photographer either.
>
> So, is your little sidekick your traveling garden gnome? I think he need a
> little red hat with a point on the top ;¬D
>
> Was it just the two of you, or did you have someone else along in another
> rig?
>
> Man, looks like a nice leisurely trip. Maybe someday, I'll get a chance to
> go there too.
> My grandfather was a gold miner, so I was really fascinated with the shots
> of the old mines. Are they still working them or are they abandoned?
>
> K.
>
> "ULB" > wrote in message

> Had to come home early, my mom who was watching my younger son is ill.
>
> In any case,
>
> Highlights are Owens river, Tinemaha res, scotty's castle, crowley
> lake, rock creek lake, cerro gordo trail (had a blast here, made my
> a@@ pucker), and grass valley.
>
> Pics are here. *http://4wheeltmc.shutterfly.com
>
> The congo cage held up well, I was surprised at how much the basket
> and cage flexed (makes a bit of noise, but hell, my whole jeep makes
> nasty noises anyway!).
>
> I had ~ 200 lbs up top. *I think she's a keeper.
>
> Take care and happy wheelin,

It was just my son and I. He seems to enjoy wheelin alot and
certainly loves to fish even more than me. He is always with me on
these trips.

All the trip was nice and easy except the Cerro Gordo trail for the
first 5 miles or so. It is quite steep and in some cases really tight
canyon pinches that made me wish at times that I should have had a
spotter. We just took our time and went snail slow through it. The
views were wonderful, too bad the camera doesn't give the views the
justice.

All the mines I saw were abandoned. I believe you can use the cabins
for overnight use however. We got a late start so I didn't get to
check them out in more detail.

Last year my son and I did Papoose flats in the Sierra's were they are
many mines. I don't have any still photography of that trip but I do
have 3 hours of video. If I get off my rear, I can sift out the mine
footage and throw it on youtube.

All the best,

OT but Appropriate for Memorial Day! 24Bit® Auto Photos 3 May 29th 07 08:09 AM
Memorial Day jbjeep Jeep 0 May 28th 07 12:20 AM
OT - Memorial Day Thanks Ben Jeep 9 May 31st 05 06:29 AM
Memorial Day SVTKate Ford Mustang 4 May 31st 05 01:52 AM