Does the WJ I6 have a EGR Valve and a knock sensor?

Old June 10th 07, 09:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
stilllearning

Default Does the WJ I6 have a EGR Valve and a knock sensor?

I am not able to find information on these two. Where exactly are they
mounted? If not present, what alternatives are used? Jeep WJ 2004, I6,
4L, 4WD. Thank you.

Old June 10th 07, 09:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III

The Exhaust Gases Recycling valve is used with carburetors, your
computer would just shut off the electronic fuel injectors. The spark knock
sensor would be used with a distributor that still use, vacuum and
centrifugal weights to control timing advance, instead of your of your
computer.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

oups.com...

Old June 10th 07, 10:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

Some 4.0 engines like mine have an EGR and knock sensor Bill...

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile...

Old June 10th 07, 10:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
bllsht

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 13:13:01 -0700, stilllearning >
wrote:

>I am not able to find information on these two. Where exactly are they
>mounted? If not present, what alternatives are used? Jeep WJ 2004, I6,
>4L, 4WD. Thank you.

It has neither. Alternatives would be MAP, temp & engine speed
sensors.

Old June 10th 07, 10:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
bllsht

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 13:55:33 -0700, "L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III"
> wrote:

> The Exhaust Gases Recycling valve is used with carburetors, your
>computer would just shut off the electronic fuel injectors. The spark knock
>sensor would be used with a distributor that still use, vacuum and
>centrifugal weights to control timing advance, instead of your of your
>computer.

Totally wrong. you should stick to what you're good at. Recruiting
trolls.

> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

roups.com...

Old June 10th 07, 10:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III

I thought your Jeeps were a CJ and XJ, not an WJ.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

ng.com...

Old June 10th 07, 10:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III

Then coward, too afraid to take responsibility for your answers by using
a real name and address, like any man would! Where are EGR Valve and a
knock sensor, the Poster asked for??????
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

news

Old June 10th 07, 11:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

The XJ has a 4.0 FI engine, just like the WJ, just an older version.

Mike

Old June 10th 07, 11:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
bllsht

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 14:48:22 -0700, "L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III"
> wrote:

> Then coward, too afraid to take responsibility for your answers by using
>a real name and address, like any man would! Where are EGR Valve and a
>knock sensor, the Poster asked for??????
> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

I didn't say his model was equipped with EGR or knock sensors.

You said:

> The Exhaust Gases Recycling valve is used with carburetors, your
>computer would just shut off the electronic fuel injectors. The spark knock
>sensor would be used with a distributor that still use, vacuum and
>centrifugal weights to control timing advance, instead of your of your
>computer.
> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

You implied that EGR isn't used with EFI. Wrong.

You implied that knock sensors are not used with distributorless
systems. Wrong again.

Then, I'm sure you're used to being wrong, as well as senile.

http://www.billhughes.com/

Old June 11th 07, 01:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
stilllearning

On Jun 10, 4:13 pm, stilllearning > wrote:
> I am not able to find information on these two. Where exactly are they
> mounted? If not present, what alternatives are used? Jeep WJ 2004, I6,
> 4L, 4WD. Thank you.

Guys,

Can we stop flame wars? If you disagree with someone's post, please
respond more politely. Else you will drive off others in the group.
All comments in newsgroups should be understood as opinions, or
"facts" for the person posting, rather than irrefutable facts. Else, I
will not respond to any post ;-)

There is a knock sensor in the V8 version of the jeep, but not in the
I6 version? What compensates for the knock sensor in the I6? Or can I
expect the jeep to knock?

Isn't the EGR there to reduce NOx, a serious pollutant? If EGR is not
there in the I6, how is this poluutant controlled?

Knock Sensor Linda[_2_] Saturn 0 April 14th 07 12:34 AM
camshaft positon sensor A bank 1/ verses knock sensor vita via CarKB.com Saturn 5 June 21st 06 06:57 PM
Valve,Butterfly valve,Globe valve,Check valve,Ball valve,Plug valve,Marine valve,Gate valve,Flow control valve [email protected] Alfa Romeo 0 April 17th 06 08:20 AM
AWA [OFFER] Wheel sensor;Crankshaf position sensor;camshaft sensor;knock sensor;phase s [email protected] General 0 January 10th 06 12:51 PM
About that knock sensor... Philip Nasadowski Saturn 7 October 13th 04 07:55 PM