new floor mats for 2001 Passat

Old June 14th 07, 01:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Theorbo[_2_]

Default new floor mats for 2001 Passat

where would you recommend getting them? dealer, oem, or aftermarket? any
tips are appreciated ... thanks.

Old June 14th 07, 07:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
PeterD

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 12:36:55 GMT, "Theorbo" >
wrote:

>where would you recommend getting them? dealer, oem, or aftermarket? any
>tips are appreciated ... thanks.

Yes.

(Where ever you find some that you like?)
Old June 14th 07, 10:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Theorbo[_2_]

right, the important question is WHERE.

Old June 14th 07, 11:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Nate Nagel[_2_]

Theorbo wrote:
> right, the important question is WHERE.
>
> "PeterD" > wrote in message
>
>> On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 12:36:55 GMT, "Theorbo" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> where would you recommend getting them? dealer, oem, or aftermarket?
>>> any
>>> tips are appreciated ... thanks.

>> Yes.
>>
>> (Where ever you find some that you like?)

If you can still get them for an '01, the heavy rubber ones from the
dealership are hard to beat. That was the first purchase I made when I
got my '02 GTI (I'm kind of a pig)

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old June 15th 07, 12:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
PeterD

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 21:11:29 GMT, "Theorbo" >
wrote:

>right, the important question is WHERE.

Whereever you see some that you like! If you like factory ones, go to
a dealer, otherwise aftermarket is the way to go. Personally, for best
looking products like mats, OEM (factory) is the way to go.

Old June 15th 07, 03:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Jim Behning[_1_]

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 19:12:11 -0400, PeterD > wrote:

>On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 21:11:29 GMT, "Theorbo" >
>wrote:
>
>>right, the important question is WHERE.
>>

>Whereever you see some that you like! If you like factory ones, go to
>a dealer, otherwise aftermarket is the way to go. Personally, for best
>looking products like mats, OEM (factory) is the way to go.

I was thinking about going to the upholstery shop and having them make
me a new drivers side mat. Mine is threadbare. I would not do rubber
mats as they cannot be comfortable when driving barefoot. those rare
long roadtrips are much nicer when I can take off my shoes.
Old June 15th 07, 01:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
No Spam Please

"Theorbo" > wrote in message
> where would you recommend getting them? dealer, oem, or aftermarket? any
> tips are appreciated ... thanks.

Check out Lloyd's mats, which can be found at:
www.autoseattle.com

The "Ultimats" are great--much better materials than OEM.

Old June 15th 07, 03:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
PeterD

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 02:38:50 GMT, Jim Behning
> wrote:

>On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 19:12:11 -0400, PeterD > wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 21:11:29 GMT, "Theorbo" >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>right, the important question is WHERE.
>>>

>>Whereever you see some that you like! If you like factory ones, go to
>>a dealer, otherwise aftermarket is the way to go. Personally, for best
>>looking products like mats, OEM (factory) is the way to go.
>>

>I was thinking about going to the upholstery shop and having them make
>me a new drivers side mat. Mine is threadbare. I would not do rubber
>mats as they cannot be comfortable when driving barefoot. those rare
>long roadtrips are much nicer when I can take off my shoes.

Another idea is a good carpet shop who is experienced in making throw
rugs. They have the equipment to hem the edges, and will make whatever
you want. If you have an existing one that you are replacing they can
use it for a template.
Old June 15th 07, 10:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Phred Johnson

I have some new ones that I bought for my '01 Passat and never used. I ran
across them the other day when I was cleaning the garage. They are gray
carpet. If you are interested let me know and I'll see if I can figure out
a price.

Terry

Old June 19th 07, 07:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Phred Johnson

email is: terry at Neighbors Enterprises dot com

BMW E46 Floor Mats Darren Wilkes BMW 2 June 8th 06 03:09 PM
Floor mats? Clark Friedrichs Mazda 1 May 31st 06 01:56 AM
99 Floor mats? disneyfan.nyc Ford Mustang 5 April 11th 05 07:46 PM
New floor mats for 96 SW1 ? Chuck Connell Saturn 1 September 28th 04 09:42 PM
can someone ID these floor mats please? Nate Nagel Corvette 8 September 20th 04 07:26 PM