Keep your papers ready to be produced immediately or it's a tazering

Old December 3rd 07, 09:13 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

Default Keep your papers ready to be produced immediately or it's a tazering

Woman without her papers in order for immediate inspection gets tazed:

via fark.com

http://www.statesman.com/news/mplayer/other/32386?f=1

Old December 3rd 07, 09:16 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Arif Khokar

Brent P wrote:

> Woman without her papers in order for immediate inspection gets tazed:
>
> via fark.com
>
> http://www.statesman.com/news/mplayer/other/32386?f=1

I guess we tend to read fark at the same time (though I beat you by 6
minutes)
Old December 3rd 07, 11:09 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Daniel W. Rouse Jr.

"Brent P" > wrote in message
. ..

> Woman without her papers in order for immediate inspection gets tazed:
>
> via fark.com
>
> http://www.statesman.com/news/mplayer/other/32386?f=1

Unfortunately, the truth of the matter is that it is best not to confront,
even verbally, a police officer that is already aggressive and will
immediately use force. Just do what the cop is asking, and file a complaint
or lawsuit later. It's really the only solution, unless one already knows
they can physically withstand potentially multiple 5 second/50,000 volt
shocks.

(I wouldn't expect to be Tasered simply for asking for an officer's name and
badge number though--if I was asked for license and registration--if I said
something like "here is my license and registration officer, and may I have
your name and badge number please?" during a traffic stop.)

But, the number of situations that are clearly not life-threatening
situations and that have resulted in Taser usage should result in the
officers tried for attempted murder. Currently, they are only investigated
by the internal affairs, and the investigations seem to be only expedited
when the video is available for viewing on the Internet.

Now, I don't want Tasers banned because there are legitimate
life-threatening situations that may call for them. But Taser usage should
be regulated exactly the same as if the officer was using their gun. The
weapon *is* potentially lethal, unless one is of ideal health and has no
heart or nervous system problems, so the Taser weapon should be regarded as
a secondary lethal weapon.

Old December 4th 07, 12:16 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Daniel W. Rouse Jr. wrote:
> "Brent P" > wrote in message
> . ..
>>
>> Woman without her papers in order for immediate inspection gets tazed:
>>
>> via fark.com
>>
>> http://www.statesman.com/news/mplayer/other/32386?f=1

> Unfortunately, the truth of the matter is that it is best not to confront,
> even verbally, a police officer that is already aggressive and will
> immediately use force. Just do what the cop is asking, and file a complaint
> or lawsuit later. It's really the only solution, unless one already knows
> they can physically withstand potentially multiple 5 second/50,000 volt
> shocks.

Um, she didn't confront the cop. She appeared to be merely disorganized
and did not have her papers at the ready for inspection. To a cop,
anything short immediate and total obedence is a confrontation I suppose,
but in the real world it isn't. I understand that a good number of cops
are ex-military and that the police forces are militarized leading to an
expectation of military style obedence and having one's documents etc at
the ready but that is no excuse.

Old December 4th 07, 12:31 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Daniel W. Rouse Jr.

Jr. wrote:
> > "Brent P" > wrote in message
> > . ..
> >>
> >> Woman without her papers in order for immediate inspection gets tazed:
> >>
> >> via fark.com
> >>
> >> http://www.statesman.com/news/mplayer/other/32386?f=1

> > Unfortunately, the truth of the matter is that it is best not to

confront,
> > even verbally, a police officer that is already aggressive and will
> > immediately use force. Just do what the cop is asking, and file a

complaint
> > or lawsuit later. It's really the only solution, unless one already

knows
> > they can physically withstand potentially multiple 5 second/50,000 volt
> > shocks.

> Um, she didn't confront the cop. She appeared to be merely disorganized
> and did not have her papers at the ready for inspection. To a cop,
> anything short immediate and total obedence is a confrontation I suppose,
> but in the real world it isn't. I understand that a good number of cops
> are ex-military and that the police forces are militarized leading to an
> expectation of military style obedence and having one's documents etc at
> the ready but that is no excuse.

There's also one more thing. As referenced in the discussion comments on the
Fark.com sites, an increasing number of police officers are apparently
starting to use anabolic steroids to gain an edge over the suspects and
criminals they deal with. That means steroid rage.

To be smart, one should always have their driver's license on them, and
their registration and proof of insurance in a small wallet that can be kept
in the glove compartment or center console compartment within the vehicle.
Then, when going for the license and registration/proof of insurance, tell
the officer something like: "I'm reaching for my wallet to get my license",
then get the license and give it to the officer. Then say something like
"I'm going to open this center console compartment to get the registration
and proof of insurance", then get it and give the registration/proof of
insurance to the officer. Don't give them any reason to suspect resistance.
Don't give them any reason to think there is any sort of threat.

Doing the above makes any traffic stop that much quicker, and the officer
isn't as defensive since there is clearly no threat. That goes for whether
it's just a fix it ticket, or if they are actually issuing something like a
speeding ticket.

Old December 4th 07, 12:52 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Daniel W. Rouse Jr. wrote:

>> Um, she didn't confront the cop. She appeared to be merely disorganized
>> and did not have her papers at the ready for inspection. To a cop,
>> anything short immediate and total obedence is a confrontation I suppose,
>> but in the real world it isn't. I understand that a good number of cops
>> are ex-military and that the police forces are militarized leading to an
>> expectation of military style obedence and having one's documents etc at
>> the ready but that is no excuse.

> There's also one more thing. As referenced in the discussion comments on the
> Fark.com sites, an increasing number of police officers are apparently
> starting to use anabolic steroids to gain an edge over the suspects and
> criminals they deal with. That means steroid rage.
>
> To be smart, one should always have their driver's license on them, and
> their registration and proof of insurance in a small wallet that can be kept
> in the glove compartment or center console compartment within the vehicle.
> Then, when going for the license and registration/proof of insurance, tell
> the officer something like: "I'm reaching for my wallet to get my license",
> then get the license and give it to the officer. Then say something like
> "I'm going to open this center console compartment to get the registration
> and proof of insurance", then get it and give the registration/proof of
> insurance to the officer. Don't give them any reason to suspect resistance.
> Don't give them any reason to think there is any sort of threat.
>
> Doing the above makes any traffic stop that much quicker, and the officer
> isn't as defensive since there is clearly no threat. That goes for whether
> it's just a fix it ticket, or if they are actually issuing something like a
> speeding ticket.

Live in fear, be a good little slave and you won't get hurt.

Old December 4th 07, 04:07 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Garth Almgren

Around 12/3/2007 3:52 PM, Brent P wrote:

> In article >, Daniel W. Rouse Jr. wrote:
>
>>> Um, she didn't confront the cop. She appeared to be merely disorganized
>>> and did not have her papers at the ready for inspection. To a cop,
>>> anything short immediate and total obedence is a confrontation I suppose,
>>> but in the real world it isn't. I understand that a good number of cops
>>> are ex-military and that the police forces are militarized leading to an
>>> expectation of military style obedence and having one's documents etc at
>>> the ready but that is no excuse.

>> There's also one more thing. As referenced in the discussion comments on the
>> Fark.com sites, an increasing number of police officers are apparently
>> starting to use anabolic steroids to gain an edge over the suspects and
>> criminals they deal with. That means steroid rage.
>>
>> To be smart, one should always have their driver's license on them, and
>> their registration and proof of insurance in a small wallet that can be kept
>> in the glove compartment or center console compartment within the vehicle.
>> Then, when going for the license and registration/proof of insurance, tell
>> the officer something like: "I'm reaching for my wallet to get my license",
>> then get the license and give it to the officer. Then say something like
>> "I'm going to open this center console compartment to get the registration
>> and proof of insurance", then get it and give the registration/proof of
>> insurance to the officer. Don't give them any reason to suspect resistance.
>> Don't give them any reason to think there is any sort of threat.
>>
>> Doing the above makes any traffic stop that much quicker, and the officer
>> isn't as defensive since there is clearly no threat. That goes for whether
>> it's just a fix it ticket, or if they are actually issuing something like a
>> speeding ticket.

> Live in fear, be a good little slave and you won't get hurt.

Correction: HOPE you won't get hurt.

--
~/Garth |"I believe that it is better to tell the truth than a lie.
Almgren | I believe it is better to be free than to be a slave.
Old December 6th 07, 06:30 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Matthew T. Russotto

In article >,
Daniel W. Rouse Jr. > wrote:
>"Brent P" > wrote in message
>>
>> Woman without her papers in order for immediate inspection gets tazed:
>>
>> via fark.com
>>
>> http://www.statesman.com/news/mplayer/other/32386?f=1
>>

>Unfortunately, the truth of the matter is that it is best not to confront,
>even verbally, a police officer that is already aggressive and will
>immediately use force. Just do what the cop is asking, and file a complaint
>or lawsuit later.

If you want to be victimized by the cop AND by the legal system.

>It's really the only solution, unless one already knows
>they can physically withstand potentially multiple 5 second/50,000 volt
>shocks.

Might makes right.

>But, the number of situations that are clearly not life-threatening
>situations and that have resulted in Taser usage should result in the
>officers tried for attempted murder. Currently, they are only investigated
>by the internal affairs, and the investigations seem to be only expedited
>when the video is available for viewing on the Internet.

Fancy that.
result in a fully-depreciated one.
Old December 6th 07, 06:33 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Matthew T. Russotto

In article >,
Daniel W. Rouse Jr. > wrote:

>To be smart, one should always have their driver's license on them, and
>their registration and proof of insurance in a small wallet that can be kept
>in the glove compartment or center console compartment within the vehicle.
>Then, when going for the license and registration/proof of insurance, tell
>the officer something like: "I'm reaching for my wallet to get my license",
>then get the license and give it to the officer. Then say something like
>"I'm going to open this center console compartment to get the registration
>and proof of insurance", then get it and give the registration/proof of
>insurance to the officer. Don't give them any reason to suspect resistance.
>Don't give them any reason to think there is any sort of threat.

Just roll over, cringe, and show your belly.
result in a fully-depreciated one.