IRacing Pricing

Old January 28th 08, 09:46 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry \(The Real One - For Now....\)

Default IRacing Pricing

Hawaii - The buster of budgets for quite some time

-Larry

Old January 28th 08, 11:16 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony R

Tim Wheatley wrote:
> I remember well my $600 phone bill and that was back in 1999 racing
> GPL over a 56k dial-up paid per-minute. Them were the days.

A mis-spent youth in the forests of Rouen as I recall...
Old January 28th 08, 11:24 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tim Wheatley

On Jan 28, 4:16 pm, Tony R >
wrote:
> Tim Wheatley wrote:
> > I remember well my $600 phone bill and that was back in 1999 racing
> > GPL over a 56k dial-up paid per-minute. Them were the days.

> A mis-spent youth in the forests of Rouen as I recall...

That was my first good league race. Kyalami I was sooo bad. I
recall you were pretty damned fast!
Old January 29th 08, 12:32 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony R

Tim Wheatley wrote:
> On Jan 28, 4:16 pm, Tony R >
> wrote:
>> Tim Wheatley wrote:
>>> I remember well my $600 phone bill and that was back in 1999 racing
>>> GPL over a 56k dial-up paid per-minute. Them were the days.

>> A mis-spent youth in the forests of Rouen as I recall...

> That was my first good league race. Kyalami I was sooo bad. I
> recall you were pretty damned fast!

Ah for those formative days of GPL, it didn't take long for seemingly
everyone else to become faster!
Old January 29th 08, 04:50 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

On Jan 27, 2:15*pm, Tony R >
wrote:
> Nah, the sim community hates everyone. iRacing for behaving like a
> business, the West brothers and Stefan Casillo for not behaving like a
> business, Simbin for ripping them off with selling new titles instead of
> patching the existing ones, ISI for taking sim racers hard earned cash
> and then delaying the release, LFS developers for the worlds longest
> alpha, Geoff Crammond for slowing the world down and so on...

This should be part of the r.a.s. FAQ! Anyway I'm in charge of all
things official here

A little hint to iRacing : When you publically start talking about
subscription price and all, it would be also informative to start
talking about your sim and it's features. A weekly blog, each week
just add a video, a couple of in-car screenshots, gameplay, etc...
and start talking about the real reasons why you are promoting it as
the end-of-it-all sim. True physics talk, not PR bull****, everything
about gameplay, the game engine, multiplayer, tracks, cars, etc... Or
else people start speculating and it's not good publicity.

It's time you start promoting your sim.

-- ymenard
-- official
Old January 29th 08, 05:51 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
MikeWhy

> wrote in message
On Jan 27, 2:15 pm, Tony R >
wrote:
> Nah, the sim community hates everyone. iRacing for behaving like a
> business, the West brothers and Stefan Casillo for not behaving like a
> business, Simbin for ripping them off with selling new titles instead of
> patching the existing ones, ISI for taking sim racers hard earned cash
> and then delaying the release, LFS developers for the worlds longest
> alpha, Geoff Crammond for slowing the world down and so on...

This should be part of the r.a.s. FAQ! Anyway I'm in charge of all
things official here

A little hint to iRacing : When you publically start talking about
subscription price and all, it would be also informative to start
talking about your sim and it's features. A weekly blog, each week
just add a video, a couple of in-car screenshots, gameplay, etc...
and start talking about the real reasons why you are promoting it as
the end-of-it-all sim. True physics talk, not PR bull****, everything
about gameplay, the game engine, multiplayer, tracks, cars, etc... Or
else people start speculating and it's not good publicity.

It's time you start promoting your sim.

========

I wouldn't believe a word of it anyway. They said all that was necessary:
try it and see for yourself. $20 for the 1st month.

Old January 29th 08, 10:44 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Arne Martin Guettler

Tim Wheatley wrote:
> On Jan 28, 4:16 pm, Tony R >
> wrote:
>> Tim Wheatley wrote:
>>> I remember well my $600 phone bill and that was back in 1999 racing
>>> GPL over a 56k dial-up paid per-minute. Them were the days.

>> A mis-spent youth in the forests of Rouen as I recall...

> That was my first good league race. Kyalami I was sooo bad. I
> recall you were pretty damned fast!

I seem to remember I did pretty well at Rouen as well. And looking it
up, it seems I actually won! Even better than I remember
http://www.ukgpl.com/ukgpl/seasons/1/standings.html

Those were the days

--
am
Old January 29th 08, 10:51 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony R

Arne Martin Guettler wrote:
> Tim Wheatley wrote:
>> On Jan 28, 4:16 pm, Tony R >
>> wrote:
>>> A mis-spent youth in the forests of Rouen as I recall...

>> That was my first good league race. Kyalami I was sooo bad. I
>> recall you were pretty damned fast!

> I seem to remember I did pretty well at Rouen as well. And looking it
> up, it seems I actually won! Even better than I remember
> http://www.ukgpl.com/ukgpl/seasons/1/standings.html
>
> Those were the days

Arne Martin! another name from the past. Actually Tim and I were
discussing a race before UKGPL was a twinkle in anyone's eye
Old January 29th 08, 11:54 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Arne Martin Guettler

Tony R wrote:
> Arne Martin Guettler wrote:
>> Tim Wheatley wrote:
>>>
>>> That was my first good league race. Kyalami I was sooo bad. I
>>> recall you were pretty damned fast!

>> I seem to remember I did pretty well at Rouen as well. And looking it
>> up, it seems I actually won! Even better than I remember
>> http://www.ukgpl.com/ukgpl/seasons/1/standings.html
>>
>> Those were the days

> Arne Martin! another name from the past. Actually Tim and I were
> discussing a race before UKGPL was a twinkle in anyone's eye

Ah, thought it was the 99 season you talked about, since you mentioned
it was in 1999 The twinkle couldn't have been too far off if it was
1999

--
am

iRacing Who? [email protected] Simulators 62 August 10th 07 10:01 PM
iRacing what? _Mitch Simulators 4 August 1st 07 04:27 AM
Will iRacing ever produce a PC sim ? DB Simulators 86 September 15th 05 08:33 PM
iRacing and Piratebay ymenard Simulators 6 July 23rd 05 01:44 AM