Card code lost!!!

Old May 29th 08, 08:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Dick[_3_]

Default Card code lost!!!

Sirius is a radio that is standard equipment in many cars that picks
up its signals from a satellite instead of an earth-bound antenna.
The competitor to Sirius is XM. You may have heard of that one. They
also make portables and radios for the home, but you get the idea.

If you are unable to contact the selling dealer, I would call the
field office for your area. Should be in the back of your owner's
manual.

Dick

On Thu, 29 May 2008 12:07:42 +0100, "nichollette"

Old May 29th 08, 09:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_6_]

Thanks Garth,
Now I know. So, is this just a UK thing or is it on all of them these days?

"Garth Almgren" > wrote in message
Around 5/28/2008 12:17 PM, Kate wrote:

> I'm completely ignorant here, WHY do you need a car code to use the radio?

It would be more accurately called a lock code. Basically, the factory
radio locks itself if it thinks it has been stolen (read: battery
disconnected for too long) and without entering the right unlock code,
the radio is unusable. On some makes, entering an incorrect code too
many times can PERMANENTLY lock the radio, rendering it an expensive
paperweight.

The dealer usually gives you the unlock code when you buy the vehicle
new, but when buying a used car it's a crap shoot.

--
~/Garth - 1993 Wrangler S 2.5
{ }|||||||{ } "MukYJ"

Old May 29th 08, 09:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_6_]

"nichollette" > wrote
I don't know what a Sirius is.

***Sirius satellite radio, sorry, I should have been more clear.
If you're unable to reach one dealer, maybe try another?

K.

Old May 29th 08, 10:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
nichollette

I've had it on all my vehicles for the last 10 years at least... I only have
Saab and Jeep... and every time the battery is disconnected, you have to
enter the code to activate the radio etc.

Nichollette
.. .

Old May 29th 08, 10:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
nichollette

Hey.. the radio/CD player/cassette works perfectly well - even after 10
years. I mean.. where's the wear and tear on something like that?

It looks like it needs special tools to remove it.

But.. thanks.. I'll try any Jeep dealer.

Nichollette

Old May 29th 08, 10:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_25_]

"Kate" > wrote in message
.. .

> "nichollette" > wrote
> I don't know what a Sirius is.
>
> ***Sirius satellite radio, sorry, I should have been more clear.
> If you're unable to reach one dealer, maybe try another?
>
> K.

Heh, she's in the UK. Jeep is a luxury marque over there, and dealers are
few. It's not like Durango, CO, small town with two Jeep dealers next door
to each other.

Cheers,

Earle

Old May 30th 08, 01:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Kate[_6_]

Hmm....
Never had to do that here. I've had a 99 Ford, 05 Liberty and now the 06
Rubi.
I've disconnected my battery pleanty of times too while working on my Jeeps.
Now that you've told me about it though, surely it will bite me on the butt.

K.

"nichollette" > wrote in message
I've had it on all my vehicles for the last 10 years at least... I only have
Saab and Jeep... and every time the battery is disconnected, you have to
enter the code to activate the radio etc.

Nichollette
.. .

Old June 1st 08, 02:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
mr.som ting wong

Default should read "Car Code"!

it is something that can only be done by jeep just go buy a new radio
they have new ones out for ipods and mp3 players and now even flash drives

nichollette wrote:

> Sorry about that..!
>
> "nichollette" > wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I recently bought a Jeep Orvis (1998) in the UK, and was told the car code
> > was with the documentation - but I've checked, and it's nowhere to be
> > found. The previous owner has moved house, and now I'm stuck without a
> > radio/cd player!
> > I'm trying to trace the original Jeep supplier, but I doubt if they'd be
> > interested in supplying me with the code - even if they were able to
> > locate it.
> >
> > There MUST be a way round this sort of thing, surely? I can't see me
> > being the only one in this predicament. So.. question is - how do I
> > reactivate the radio?
> >
> > Any advise appreciated!
> >
> > Nichollette
> >
> > --
> > www.pandorasbookshop.com

Repost for new a.b.p.a. members: 1924 Ford Model T 5-Window Coupe Owner's Card & Info Card (2005 WW@WD DCTC) DSCN7366.jpg 230679 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 February 20th 07 12:29 PM
FS: 1991 Collect-A-Card "Vette Set" 100-Card Set J.R. Sinclair Corvette 0 July 13th 05 11:12 AM
FS: 1991 Collect-A-Card "Vette Set" 100-Card Set J.R.Sinclair Corvette 0 February 12th 05 12:14 PM
lost radio code mickt Alfa Romeo 4 October 4th 04 08:23 PM
lost i.c.s code philfromstoke Alfa Romeo 0 May 7th 04 07:25 PM