Modifying a G25

Old July 2nd 09, 09:13 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
GaryR

Default Modifying a G25

I've looked around, googled, etc. but I find no info on this. I'm
going to adapt a Momo steering wheel from a race car i'm disassembling
and mount it to the G25 base using an aluminum adapter i'm making.
It's fairly simple, unscrew the 6 mounting screws, unplug the two
wheel mounted push buttons from the circuit board (easily accessible
when the wheel is off), Screw the aluminum plate tot he G25 assembly,
screw the Momo wheel to the plate. Done! This gives me the same wheel
size as is in my race car (13.5"). A much better, more realistic
feel... Has anyone done this? You lose the function of the two buttons
but I couldn't care less about that.

Old July 2nd 09, 11:21 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
David Fisher's Left Testicle

"GaryR" > wrote in message
> I've looked around, googled, etc. but I find no info on this. I'm
> going to adapt a Momo steering wheel from a race car i'm disassembling
> and mount it to the G25 base using an aluminum adapter i'm making.
> It's fairly simple, unscrew the 6 mounting screws, unplug the two
> wheel mounted push buttons from the circuit board (easily accessible
> when the wheel is off), Screw the aluminum plate tot he G25 assembly,
> screw the Momo wheel to the plate. Done! This gives me the same wheel
> size as is in my race car (13.5"). A much better, more realistic
> feel... Has anyone done this? You lose the function of the two buttons
> but I couldn't care less about that.

I'd like to see some pictures when your done.

Old July 2nd 09, 11:41 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

try he http://www.f1design.us/04_Sim_Racing/G25/index.htm

Old July 4th 09, 12:41 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
GaryR

>On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 23:21:58 +0100, "David Fisher's Left Testicle" <dfg.myass@aol> wrote:
>I'd like to see some pictures when your done.

I posted on the RSC Forum and found a ton of info, on guy posted pics
of what he did and it's exactly what I had in mind! You can get an
idea of the finished product form here -
http://forum.racesimcentral.com/show...39#post3973939

I'm also going to have a 3.5" long, .75" diameter (tapered slightly)
aluminum shift knob made to replace the little ball on the G25 to use
as a sequential shifter..
Old July 5th 09, 02:13 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
hoover

On Fri, 03 Jul 2009 19:41:09 -0400, GaryR wrote:

> I posted on the RSC Forum and found a ton of info, on guy posted pics
> of what he did and it's exactly what I had in mind! You can get an
> idea of the finished product form here -
> http://forum.racesimcentral.com/show...39#post3973939
>
> I'm also going to have a 3.5" long, .75" diameter (tapered slightly)
> aluminum shift knob made to replace the little ball on the G25 to use
> as a sequential shifter..

Thanks for the info, Gary. I've been thinking about replacing my g25
steering wheel too. Will the paddle shifters still work after changing the wheel?

Cheers, Uwe
Old July 5th 09, 08:15 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
GaryR

Yes, no effect on them at all, you just have an 1.5" longer reach to
them. I use the sequential 90% of the time anyway. You will lose use
of the two wheel push buttons unless you mount buttons on the new
wheel and wire them in. Not hard to do at all, all the info you need
is on the site for that also i'm sure...

Cheers!

>On 05 Jul 2009 13:13:44 GMT, hoover > wrote:
>On Fri, 03 Jul 2009 19:41:09 -0400, GaryR wrote:
>>
>> I posted on the RSC Forum and found a ton of info, on guy posted pics
>> of what he did and it's exactly what I had in mind! You can get an
>> idea of the finished product form here -
>> http://forum.racesimcentral.com/show...39#post3973939
>>
>> I'm also going to have a 3.5" long, .75" diameter (tapered slightly)
>> aluminum shift knob made to replace the little ball on the G25 to use
>> as a sequential shifter..

>Thanks for the info, Gary. I've been thinking about replacing my g25
>steering wheel too. Will the paddle shifters still work after changing the wheel?
>
>Cheers, Uwe

Modifying a BMW Z3 Rick Hunter Technology 2 April 3rd 07 05:36 AM
Modifying a BMW Z3 Rick Hunter BMW 7 April 2nd 07 02:02 PM
Modifying a BMW Z3 Rick Hunter General 2 March 30th 07 06:30 PM
Modifying a BMW Z3 Rick Hunter Driving 1 March 30th 07 05:17 PM
Modifying a VW for the postapokalyptic future .... Robin-Louis Clevis VW air cooled 16 December 30th 05 12:25 AM