rF Brabham BT52 Mod update available for download

Old December 30th 09, 03:03 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Uwe

Default rF Brabham BT52 Mod update available for download

Hi folks,

the racing community over at "Simracers Revival"
(http://simracers.gplrank.info) has created an update to rF Santa's
excellent Brabham BT52 car, containing 60+ custom made liveries from
bygone days of all areas of motorsport, an engine sounds update, a 3d
model update and much more, like all tracks we'll run over the course
of the 2010 season.

You can download the stand-alone, rF lite based installation he

http://www.zitterpalme.de/post/rF_li...t_please.ra r

Please check the provided readme files (german and english) for
installation instructions.

We hope you enjoy the new cars and hope to meet you online on our 24/7
open practise server (check the lobby for "Brabham Masters Series" at
Silverstone88).

Please follow up here if you have any questions, and feel free to
spread the news in the appropriate places.

All the best & happy new year to you all,

Uwe

Old December 30th 09, 06:48 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Alan_Bernardo

On Dec 30, 9:03*am, Uwe > wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> the racing community over at "Simracers Revival"
> (http://simracers.gplrank.info) has created an update to rF Santa's
> excellent Brabham BT52 car, containing 60+ custom made liveries from
> bygone days of all areas of motorsport, an engine sounds update, a 3d
> model update and much more, like all tracks we'll run over the course
> of the 2010 season.
>
> You can download the stand-alone, rF lite based installation he
>
> http://www.zitterpalme.de/post/rF_li...010_readme_fir...
>
> Please check the provided readme files (german and english) for
> installation instructions.
>
> We hope you enjoy the new cars and hope to meet you online on our 24/7
> open practise server (check the lobby for "Brabham Masters Series" at
> Silverstone88).
>
> Please follow up here if you have any questions, and feel free to
> spread the news in the appropriate places.
>
> All the best & happy new year to you all,
>
> Uwe

Uwe,

Didn't see any readme. The file initially showed as a 400m download
but then ended being 87m. The file looks like an update and not a
full version.

BTW, Uwe, now that RSC is down, where does most of the rFactor crowd
go for posting on forums and stuff?

Thanks,

Alan

Old December 30th 09, 08:54 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Uwe

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 09:48:04 -0800 (PST), Alan_Bernardo wrote:

> but then ended being 87m. The file looks like an update and not a
> full version.

Hi Alan,

that's weird indeed, I just now tried downloading the archive, and it
reports correctly at 490MB.

> BTW, Uwe, now that RSC is down, where does most of the rFactor crowd
> go for posting on forums and stuff?

Meh, forums, let's revive this place instead! ;-)

Seriously, no idea. I can point you to our lively rF community over
hat http://simracers.gplrank.info/ (check the english forum which
we're in the process of setting up).

Apart from that, I'm certain that if there is a void left to be filled
by RSC's demise, it quickly will. Mystmagoo (rF Rank co-admin) also
triggered the new rank forum at http://forums.gplrank.info/.

Don't despair, something will come up eventually, for now enjoy the
new BT52!

Uwe
Old December 30th 09, 09:43 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Alan_Bernardo

On Dec 30, 2:54*pm, Uwe > wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 09:48:04 -0800 (PST), Alan_Bernardo wrote:
> > but then ended being 87m. *The file looks like an update and not a
> > full version.

> Hi Alan,
>
> that's weird indeed, I just now tried downloading the archive, and it
> reports correctly at 490MB.
>
> > BTW, Uwe, now that RSC is down, where does most of the rFactor crowd
> > go for posting on forums and stuff?

> Meh, forums, let's revive this place instead! ;-)
>
> Seriously, no idea. I can point you to our lively rF community over
> hathttp://simracers.gplrank.info/(check the english forum which
> we're in the process of setting up).
>
> Apart from that, I'm certain that if there is a void left to be filled
> by RSC's demise, it quickly will. Mystmagoo (rF Rank co-admin) also
> triggered the new rank forum athttp://forums.gplrank.info/.
>
> Don't despair, something will come up eventually, for now enjoy the
> new BT52!
>
> Uwe

Uwe,

I've tried again, and this time I've gone beyond the last time, so it
looks like I'm getting the entire file. But something was definitely
up before, as the file I got was not corrupt and appeared to be an
update.

Have a Happy Holiday!

Alan
Old December 30th 09, 10:21 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Uwe

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 12:43:54 -0800 (PST), Alan_Bernardo wrote:

> I've tried again, and this time I've gone beyond the last time, so it
> looks like I'm getting the entire file. But something was definitely
> up before, as the file I got was not corrupt and appeared to be an
> update.

Sounds good Alan, I hope you enjoy the mod.

> Have a Happy Holiday!

You too, and a safe & healthy 2010!

Uwe

Old January 4th 10, 08:31 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
APLer

Uwe > wrote in
:

> On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 09:48:04 -0800 (PST), Alan_Bernardo wrote:
>
>> but then ended being 87m. The file looks like an update and not a
>> full version.
>>

> Hi Alan,
>
> that's weird indeed, I just now tried downloading the archive, and it
> reports correctly at 490MB.
>
>> BTW, Uwe, now that RSC is down, where does most of the rFactor crowd
>> go for posting on forums and stuff?

> Meh, forums, let's revive this place instead! ;-)

Agreed. With this and simple ftp/web sites everything could be covered
and without any of the downsides of web forums. And that could go for
every simulator covered here.

Lack of threading and unnecessary separation of each program in web forums
is comnpletely unnecessary and counter productive. Don't get me started on
the restrictions of downloads to only members.
Old January 11th 10, 12:29 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
David G Fisher's Left Testicle

"APLer" > wrote in message
> Uwe > wrote in
> :
>
>> On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 09:48:04 -0800 (PST), Alan_Bernardo wrote:
>>
>>> but then ended being 87m. The file looks like an update and not a
>>> full version.
>>>

>> Hi Alan,
>>
>> that's weird indeed, I just now tried downloading the archive, and it
>> reports correctly at 490MB.
>>
>>> BTW, Uwe, now that RSC is down, where does most of the rFactor crowd
>>> go for posting on forums and stuff?

>> Meh, forums, let's revive this place instead! ;-)
>>

> Agreed. With this and simple ftp/web sites everything could be covered
> and without any of the downsides of web forums. And that could go for
> every simulator covered here.
>
> Lack of threading and unnecessary separation of each program in web forums
> is comnpletely unnecessary and counter productive. Don't get me started on
> the restrictions of downloads to only members.

It would be great if this place could come back to like. I'd ****ing stop
swearing if it did.

Old January 11th 10, 09:56 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Uwe

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 23:29:40 -0000, David G Fisher's Left Testicle wrote:

> It would be great if this place could come back to like. I'd ****ing stop
> swearing if it did.

That's as good a reason as any ;-)

Uwe