Though Jeep, Libty is 100% girl car

Old October 28th 05, 04:00 AM
Lon

Default Though Jeep, Libty is 100% girl car

Dunno, our combines, tractors, etc. all had a small chuff of darkened
air that could be called smoke. None of them exactly smelled like
lilacs or roses. The aerosol content of diesel smoke is not overly
visible, about the only time you would notice it is after several
hours of photochemical reaction.

Will Honea proclaimed:

Old October 28th 05, 04:28 AM
Lon

Default Off Topic Though Jeep, Libty is 100% girl car

Some really dangerous fault areas are well away from the west coastal
faults. You tend not to get many quakes, but when they happen, big
stuff moves a lot. With the exception of the New Madrid and one near
Yellowstone Montana, I can't think of one that has done much since
pilgrim times. If the Moab ever lets go, you might even feel it as far
away as you are.

Earle Horton proclaimed:

http://www.billhughes.com/

>>Billy Ray wrote:
>>
>>>I am trying to remember my college physical geography. Is a new

> mountain
>
>>>range in formation or is one plate just over-riding the other?
>>>
>>>--
(remove SPAM)

Old October 28th 05, 04:30 AM
Lon

I didn't even know there *was* a fault there until I happened to be
shooting the breeze with a Memphis auto salesman and the floor started
shaking. Thought it was a freight train at first.

Matt Macchiarolo proclaimed:

http://www.billhughes.com/

Old October 28th 05, 12:38 PM
B a r r y

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote:
> Sonny and Will were the reason I burned out of a really
> unbelievably high paying business to make about ten cents an hour for
> the next ten years.

Lemmie guess, the TV publicity attracted all kinds of idiots to the
profession?
Old October 28th 05, 01:32 PM
Barry Bean

"Matt Macchiarolo" > wrote in
:

> That didn't stop a
> whole bunch of folks in the area to panic, buy up earthquake
> insurance, and plan to leave town prior to that date. I was living in
> Nashville at the time and when traveling to Memphis I stopped at a
> restaurant and the whole family in the next booth was discussing where
> they were going to go for the earthquake.

Too bad more folks in NOLA didn't have the same atitude about hurricane
warnings
Old October 28th 05, 08:19 PM
Bret Ludwig

nunya wrote:
> I owned a 1979 (from 79-86) rabbit diesel in upstate ny (syracuse area) and
> had no problem buying diesel... 40 mpg, the only problem I had is that I had
> to plan my lane changes about a hour ahead... it was s.l.o.w. also, because
> of the climate from oct-april, we used an umbilical cord to keep the block
> warm, and an additional fuel filter heater to prevent gelling. (i never
> liked that power service stuff, thought it lowered the cetane, or would make
> the heads into fiddle faddle)

Power Service actually improves cetane and is a necessity when using
#2 Diesel in Midwest or worse winters. #1 Diesel is the fix, but
stations are loath to sell it because CAV and Roosamaster pumps
occasionally choke on it unless lube oil is added.

In the Arctic they sell "Arctic Diesel" which is good for all diesels
and also is approved for use in P&W PT-6 and Garrett 331 turbines by
FAA edict. They also burn it in heaters for garages, etc. It's
basically JP-8 in other words. Of course it costs more. They have to
add expensive lube oil.

The FTYC should have prohibited diesel pumps to be sold that wouldn't
handle straight K-1 Kerosene. We would have a lot less trouble but of
course the redneck element believes business should be allowed to do
whatever it wants and whenever and wheerever.

Old October 28th 05, 08:22 PM
Bret Ludwig

Old October 28th 05, 09:41 PM
Matt Macchiarolo

Yeah, maybe so, but you don't get months of prior notice for a specific
hurricane...

.. .

Old October 28th 05, 10:14 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I did this one, I my middle age crazies I bought a quarter of
million dollar truck instead of Corvette and young thing.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old October 28th 05, 10:38 PM
KJ.Kate

I looked it up, thank goodness it's about 150 miles from us, who woulda
thought, one earthquake zone to another.
Looks like they have some pretty good shakers there too!

KJK
2O|||||||O5 Libby

"Lon" > wrote in message
:
[...]
: >
: > "L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III" > wrote in message
: > ...
: >
: >> You know how your mountains were made. And remember east of you the
: >>New Madrid. God's saving something really big for you.
: >> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
: http://www.billhughes.com/
: >>
: >>Earle Horton wrote:
: >>
: >>>Another reason to live in Colorado. Not even a tremor since I have
been
: >>>there, and just enough geo-thermal action to fuel a few hot springs for
: >>>the
: >>>tourists. There are, of course, four or five avalanche chutes visible
: >>>from
: >>>my house, but to my knowledge no one in recorded history has been
caught
: >>>in
: >>>one. Unless you count the Town Trustee who got a DUI last spring, for
: >>>walking around on top of a fresh slide, too stubborn to back off when
the
: >>>road crew told him it wasn't safe.
: >>>
: >>>Earle
: >
: >
: >

Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi in UK Dori A Schmetterling Chrysler 4 June 2nd 05 10:22 PM
What is a TJ? Brian Foster Jeep 23 January 22nd 05 07:06 AM
Jeep VS others Elliot Westcott Chrysler 64 December 19th 04 03:22 PM
Chrysler to show Jeep pickup and "FirePower" sports car concepts inDetroit MoPar Man Chrysler 4 December 10th 04 08:45 PM