I bet none of the morons posting here can suggest a good brand of valve seal.

Old November 24th 08, 11:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
J. Clarke

Default I bet none of the morons posting here can suggest a good brand of valve seal.

Well, can you?

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Old November 25th 08, 12:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW[_2_]

J. Clarke wrote:
> Well, can you?

After reading the subject line I'm tempted to not answer at all.
I hope you are refering to the trolls in this group and not the regulars.

First off, what makes you think it's the valve seals? Compression test,
oil on the plugs, leakdown test? One of the main oil in the valve cover
problems (that looks like a bad seal) is due to clogged vent lines.
http://jeep.off-road.com/jeep/articl....jsp?id=257985
All 4.0 engines will eventually have this problem.

Assuming you have gone through all the checks then my preference is
for OEM, usually buymopar.com. A few folks around here have had good
results with parts from tapcointernational.com, but I've learned that
OEM parts are generally higher quality. The only other parts house I
regularly use is NAPA, but go with the Echlin line (top line) if
available. hescosc.com always stocks good stuff, but they arn't cheap.

--
-- DougW -- 93 ZJ 4.0 http://revbeergoggles.com
HESCO Supercharger - 300W IASCA Stereo - Edelbrock IAS Shocks

Old November 25th 08, 01:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
RoyJ

Since this is a Jeep orientated newsgroup and you are asking about a 5.7
liter engine that was not offered in a '97 Jeep, perhaps none here can
offer any relevant advice.

Old November 25th 08, 02:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
J. Clarke

RoyJ wrote:
> Since this is a Jeep orientated newsgroup and you are asking about a
> 5.7 liter engine that was not offered in a '97 Jeep, perhaps none
> here can offer any relevant advice.

You want a goddamn picture of the goddamn Jeep?

Asshole.

Old November 25th 08, 02:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jeep America #1[_5_]

like you were expecting a straight answer from drama queen kate shes
almost as bad as 24butt and her butt buddies

Old November 25th 08, 02:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
RoyJ

Sure. Post it.

Old November 25th 08, 05:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jo Baggs[_2_]

Now your beating up on Kate? What's your problem?

Old November 25th 08, 05:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
PM

"J. Clarke" > wrote in message
> Well, can you?

> --John
> to email, dial "usenet" and validate
> (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

I don't post often. but felt the need to...

First off moron, how do you know that you need valve guides? second question
is,
have you performed any due diligence to troubleshoot the issue that you
think that
you have? Compression tests? Remove the valve covers and hit the valve seals
with a pick or something to see if they're dry rotted or hard as your head?
11 year old
motor. Could very well be valve seals. Maybe even worn guides which will not
fix
themselves no matter what brand of valve seals you install. How many miles
are on
the motor?

PaulinVA

Old November 25th 08, 05:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jeep America #1[_5_]

beating up thats not what im doing but kate feels compelled to shout
me down and plonk me

like im gonna do her any favors

"Jo Baggs" > wrote:

>Now your beating up on Kate? What's your problem?

.. .

Old November 25th 08, 12:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
J. Clarke

PM wrote:
> "J. Clarke" > wrote in message
>> Well, can you?
>>
>> --
>> --
>> --John
>> to email, dial "usenet" and validate
>> (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
>>

> I don't post often. but felt the need to...
>
> First off moron, how do you know that you need valve guides?

Yep, another MORON who not only doesn't know the answer to the
question, but didn't even bother to READ it, yet who _has_ to throw
his two cents worth in. Who said anything about valve GUIDES?
However in answer to your question, how's running without valve guides
working out for you?

> second
> question is,
> have you performed any due diligence to troubleshoot the issue that
> you think that
> you have? Compression tests? Remove the valve covers and hit the
> valve seals with a pick or something to see if they're dry rotted or
> hard as your head? 11 year old
> motor. Could very well be valve seals. Maybe even worn guides which
> will not fix
> themselves no matter what brand of valve seals you install. How many
> miles are on
> the motor?

Yes, it could be valve seals WHICH IS WHY I ASKED THE DAMNED QUESTION
IN THE FIRST PLACE YOU RETARDED GET OF A SYPHILITIC JACKASS. Maybe
the valve guides need to be fixed too, maybe they don't. But if I fix
the valve guides, I still NEED TO PUT SOME KIND OF DAMN SEAL ON and I
want to know what brand of seal that should be.

And how is the amount of mileage on the engine relevant? Is there a
list somewhere that says that in an engine with 50,000 miles you
should use one kind of seal and with 100,000 you should use another
and with 150,000 you should use a third?