will it leak?

Old April 14th 13, 03:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Scott in Baltimore[_3_]

Default will it leak?

Since I can't afford to get my tcase rebuilt right now, if I took out
the front driveshaft to stop the tcase from spinning, would all the
juice leak out of the front pumpkin or the tcase? I can't shift into
4WD and I believe the chain is so stretched, it's dragging against the
casing of the tcase.

Any clues? It's a '97 TJ with 96,000 miles and no big mods. Thanks.
Old April 15th 13, 02:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

On Sun, 14 Apr 2013 10:42:13 -0400, Scott in Baltimore wrote:
>Since I can't afford to get my tcase rebuilt right now, if I took out
>the front driveshaft to stop the tcase from spinning, would all the
>juice leak out of the front pumpkin or the tcase? I can't shift into
>4WD and I believe the chain is so stretched, it's dragging against the
>casing of the tcase.
>
>Any clues? It's a '97 TJ with 96,000 miles and no big mods. Thanks.

No, it shouldn't leak. I have a '99 XJ and I think our drivetrains are
essentially the same. When I had a similar chain dragging problem, I
removed my front driveshaft and I've had no problems whatsoever with
that. I've put about 4000 miles on it since removal, mostly Interstate
driving.

I think my tcase problem is a little more than just a stretched chain
and I haven't been able to find a shop to rebuild it. They've all
told me to go find another tcase and they'll swap it out for me. I
plan to do that but I'm in no rush Been gettin' along just fine so
far in 2wd.
HeBeJeepN
'99 XJ Sport, Selec-Trac, Trac-Lok

A/C leak Mel P.[_2_] Jeep 3 July 23rd 09 04:19 PM
Solved Coolant Leak - Bar's Leak Explorer1994 4.0L Ford Explorer 3 November 16th 07 02:54 AM
1986 Accord Exi - oil leak , oil filter mount leak , burning sme remotemike Honda 1 December 27th 04 02:31 AM
Air leak? Vaccum leak? Or what? jonmarois Ford Mustang 1 November 17th 04 07:25 AM