Help ! purge air after coolant change

Old September 29th 17, 11:53 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Help ! purge air after coolant change

On Friday, January 18, 2002 at 9:26:24 AM UTC+10, Jack wrote:
> Hi group,
>
> I have a 1993 mazda 323 1.6L. Have just put a new radiator and two new
> heater hoses on it. I was told that I should purge air out of the
> system after I fill it up with coolant again.
>
> The problem is I couldn't find the valve or bolt for this purpose. I
> looked around the thermostat housing and didn't see anything. Or is
> the removal of the temperature sensor (which is attached to the
> thermostat housing) during coolant refill going to do the trick ?
>
> My buddy who is a shade tree mechanic warned me that I might have to
> pay for a new head gasket if I don't purge the air properly. Is he
> exagerrating ? I remembered I have done two coolant flush on this car
> without purging air afterwards and never had a problem.
>
> Appreciate if some knowledgable persons here can comment on this.

Mate I have been a mechanic for 50 years, And the best advise anyone will give you is: "READ THE MANUAL" Thats why they make the manuals! And same goes for all cars bikes planes. If in doubt read he manual. Hope you get it sorted out. Have a good day.
Old October 1st 17, 05:27 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Sanity Clause[_2_]

> wrote:

> On Friday, January 18, 2002 at 9:26:24 AM UTC+10, Jack wrote:
>> Hi group,
>>
>> I have a 1993 mazda 323 1.6L. Have just put a new radiator and two new
>> heater hoses on it. I was told that I should purge air out of the
>> system after I fill it up with coolant again.

> Mate I have been a mechanic for 50 years

Should I point out that the original post was over 15 years ago, and "Jack"
has probably sold that car, and bought and sold 5 others in the meantime?
Nah, I won't bother. That would be silly.