Warm start problem with 99 TDI Beetle

Old September 13th 06, 07:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Ben

Default Warm start problem with 99 TDI Beetle

Hi all,

I have problem starting when engine is warmed up starting is no problem
when engine is cold... Someone in this forum mentioned changing Cooling
Temp Sensor will fix the problem but I don't know if that was for
diesel (TDI) engine or for gasoline engine...?...
So will that fix my problem or is there any other thing I should be
looking at...? The car runs beautifully otherwise and recently we've
done all the maintenance, such as new glow plugs, new air filter
etc....
Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Ben

Old September 14th 06, 06:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Ben,

Wow, I have the same exact problem. I have been to the garage a few
times ... had maintenance done, filters changed etc.. I drive my son
to school, and when I get out to go to work, the damn thing has a very
hard time starting. Feels like the idle is all wrong, and when I put
it in gear it stalls again. If I let it sit for a while, it seems to
idle better, then I can ease it into gear, and drive off. Once I start
driving, I don't have any problems. BTW I have a passat wagon, regular
gas, not diesel.

I wonder if I should ask the garage about changing the colling temp
sensor?

-Guy