choptop

Old August 6th 05, 06:03 PM

Default choptop

general question what are the pos and neg of chopping the top on a 74 type
one other then ruining the stock look?

Old August 6th 05, 07:13 PM
remco

> wrote in message
> general question what are the pos and neg of chopping the top on a 74 type
> one other then ruining the stock look?

I am no expert by any stretch of anyone's imagination, so please get your
salt shaker ready:
'chopped' as in a lowered roof or as in making it into a convertible?

Convertibles have strengthening members under the heater channels so you'll
probably at least need to add those if you're making it into a vert.
Remco

Old August 7th 05, 04:13 PM
johnboy

> wrote in message
> general question what are the pos and neg of chopping the top on a 74 type
> one other then ruining the stock look?

It's hard to make a '74 Sedan look worse than stock, and they aren't
precious yet, so go for it. It will take the parts from a minimum of two
tops to make a chopped top, and most people say three tops. If you have the
materials, then ask again or better - seek out a shop that has already done
a few.

Chopped looks cool, but there is the disadvantage of being able to see stop
lights - you might end up pressing your face to the glass to see that high.
My Kelmark has the same issue.