OT I'm not sayin'...... (warning: political content)

Old October 21st 04, 03:29 PM
Kafertoys

>Soooooo, hmmmm, does anyone know
>where I can get 67 hubcap?

Joe if you really need a hub cap e-mail me your address and I will send you
one.

I was military and my veiws are simular to yours, but as we know its hard for
me to voice my opionion with out a war starting.

Mario
Old October 21st 04, 05:48 PM
Scott H

"Tim Rogers" wrote ...
> I hope that all of you guys are actually registered to vote on Nov. 3rd.

because that's the ONLY
> way that any of these opinions will amount to anything more than USENET
> static.

Nope, those opinions won't mean squat if you vote on the 3rd. ;-)

--
Scott (who will be voting on the 2nd)

Old October 21st 04, 05:51 PM
Tim Rogers

"Scott H" > wrote in message

> Nope, those opinions won't mean squat if you vote on the 3rd. ;-)
>
> --
> Scott (who will be voting on the 2nd)

.................My bad.

LOL

Old October 21st 04, 05:55 PM
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott

Scott H wrote:
> "Tim Rogers" wrote ...
>
>>I hope that all of you guys are actually registered to vote on Nov. 3rd.

> because that's the ONLY
>
>>way that any of these opinions will amount to anything more than USENET
>>static.

> Nope, those opinions won't mean squat if you vote on the 3rd. ;-)

Oh ho! Using the old "I was here on time" ploy, are you?

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus
Old October 21st 04, 05:58 PM
Scott H

"Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott" wrote ...
> This NG does not have a moderator, nor, as far as I know, a charter. But
> maybe we can all agree to save the political stuff for NGs devoted to
> it. Let's all air-cool ourselves.

Here's the charter:
http://vwfilms.net/ramvachr.html

http://web.archive.org/web/200109022...1/ramvachr.txt

--
Scott

Old October 21st 04, 05:58 PM
Scott H

"Tim Rogers" wrote ...

> "Scott H" wrote ...
> > Nope, those opinions won't mean squat if you vote on the 3rd. ;-)
> > --
> > Scott (who will be voting on the 2nd)

> ................My bad.
>
> LOL

:-)
All in fun, Tim.
Just trying to lighten the mood a little. I'll be glad when it's all over
with.

--
Scott

Old October 21st 04, 06:17 PM

Scott H wrote:
> "Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott" wrote ...
>
>>This NG does not have a moderator, nor, as far as I know, a charter. But
>>maybe we can all agree to save the political stuff for NGs devoted to
>>it. Let's all air-cool ourselves.

> Here's the charter:
> http://vwfilms.net/ramvachr.html
>
> http://web.archive.org/web/200109022...1/ramvachr.txt

Thanks, Scott. I'll take it that "rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled Is
intended for discussion of issues related to the use and ownership of
aircooled automobiles manufactured by Volkswagen" means what it means.

Old October 21st 04, 06:26 PM
Tim Rogers

et> wrote in message

> Thanks, Scott. I'll take it that "rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled Is
> intended for discussion of issues related to the use and ownership of
> aircooled automobiles manufactured by Volkswagen" means what it means.

.................In actuality, if off-topic posts are marked OT in the
subject header and if the thread doesn't evolve into an out of control
flamefest, it doesn't always mean what it means. Maybe it's more of a
recommendation or guideline or something...............lol

Old October 21st 04, 07:00 PM
dragenwagen

Yeah... just wait until a flame war about whether flaps are needed on an
aircooled engine starts... or if a hard start relay is really a fix for a
starter...

that gets old too.

; p

************************************************** **************
dragenwagen
1966 Type I - Daily Driver
1969 Type I - Undergoing heater channel replacement
http://www.ramva.org/dragenwagen
"Old VW's Don't Leak Oil, They Mark Their Territory."

Old October 21st 04, 07:43 PM
Dennis Wik

Shaggie, that is a funny fairy tale. Now in the real world I've already
voted so I won't get involved in a make-believe father and son trying to
tell the rest of the world what to do and beating up their
neighbors......Wait a minute, that father and son wouldn't have the
same first name would they?