88 jetta

Old July 27th 07, 04:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default 88 jetta

On Jul 21, 10:50 am, (lynn lascu) wrote:
> I have replaced master cylinder, brake lines (rubber) in
> front,calipers,brake regulator, and pads on my 88 jetta and the front
> brakes still lock-up on me. I will be driving and have to stop and
> release the pressure on the right front disk after about 10 stop signs.
> I've tried to figure out what the h%$^ is going on and just can't solve
> my problem. Is there anyone who can clue me into what the heck is going
> on???? HELP111

On my 86 Jetta, I once replaced the master cylinder, and similar
things started to happen. Take the master cylinder of the brake
booster, and be sure that the actuating pin is seated properly on the
diaphragm. If the first time you replaced the master, you buggered it
up, it will _almost_ work.

Don't ask me how I know this...

Old July 30th 07, 04:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Willie78

On Jul 21, 1:50 pm, (lynn lascu) wrote:
> I have replaced master cylinder, brake lines (rubber) in
> front,calipers,brake regulator, and pads on my 88 jetta and the front
> brakes still lock-up on me. I will be driving and have to stop and
> release the pressure on the right front disk after about 10 stop signs.
> I've tried to figure out what the h%$^ is going on and just can't solve
> my problem. Is there anyone who can clue me into what the heck is going
> on???? HELP111

Brakes and Oil light/buzzer are separate problems. What kind of oil
is in there? Any less that 20w 50 in my 16v, and the oil light and
buzzer go on. Keep 20w 50 in there and that won't happen. The brakes
sound like a bleeding problem. It doesn't take 100 degree temps to
let you know the motor oil is too thin.

Need help with my 99.5 VW Jetta TDI.................. [email protected] VW water cooled 0 March 4th 07 09:58 PM
I need help getting into a Jetta.... [email protected] VW water cooled 15 August 25th 06 06:02 PM
A3 Jetta Lee VW water cooled 2 August 12th 05 08:42 PM
90 Jetta Idle problem on startup / 98 Jetta ignition key question Lee VW water cooled 2 June 14th 05 12:36 PM
JETTA OWNERS! '96 Jetta acting strangely. [email protected] VW water cooled 0 September 27th 04 04:01 AM