Tire Pressure

Old May 6th 05, 05:05 PM
Just an opinion

> I run 19 front/27 rear, just like the glovebox sticker says.
> 165/80 tires on a '72 Super.

Several months ago I had the front end on my '74 standard aligned at a
VW shop which has been in business for something like 30 years.
Driving the bug afterwards I felt that the front end stability was a
bit off, but put that down to the alignment. After several days of
this I finally got around to checking the tire pressure (165s, radials)
where I was suprised to find that all the tires were now at 32 psi.
Made me wonder is someone goofed, or the higher pressure is some new
recommendation. But I still adjusted the pressure back to values which
are closer to the recommended ones.

Old May 6th 05, 07:54 PM
Joey Tribiani

"Dan Smith" > wrote in message

> "Stupid people are funny." - Shaggie
>
> "Joey and Shaggie are hilarious." - Dan

dan don't be upset everytime you put your foot in your big mouth...you will
have a very unhappy life...take your lumps and go....emphasis on the GO...

Old May 6th 05, 07:56 PM
Joey Tribiani

"Lorem Ipsum" > wrote in message
> "Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message
>
> > you step on a
> > balloon and the "pressure"
> > your foot puts on the surface does not change the pressure *inside* the
> > balloon, as you wrongfully stated.....it *displaces* it and causes the
> > ****ing balloon to stretch....got it? [...]

> In this case of the bursting balloon you are wrong. If you put a gauge in
> the balloon you will see a rise in pressure when you step on it. Why?
> Because the balloon is near enough its maximum expansion to burst when
> stepped upon - it does not expand easily enough or fast enough for the air
> to be displaced so the air pressure does rise considerably, then the walls
> pop.

go to google...read the thread again...i am pretty tired of repeating myself
over and over so you ****sticks can nitpick....i even stated that the
pressure INSIDE The balloon would increase *initially*....but it stretches
and has a NET GAIN of NOTHING....

Old May 6th 05, 07:58 PM
Joey Tribiani

"Lorem Ipsum" > wrote in message
> "Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message
>
> > there is no pressure increase.... you would have to overload the tire
> > beyond
> > what was the subject at hand to *ever* decrease the inside
> > volume....period... you won't make the tire smaller...it will burst
> > first...

> Yes - that's where you went wrong in the case of the balloon. In this case
> you would have to squash an underrated tire one hell of a lot to burst it.

> am sure you have seen it happen at least once.
>
> > again you seem to have the theory, but you are still not quite there....
> > my
> > tires on my pu contain 50psi cold.....even when i slap a couple tons of
> > gravel on the back it still has 50psi cold....

> Yep. Those tires are rated/built to the task. It is too bad the balloon

part
> of the thread was irrelevant to the thread.

i agree with you on the balloon being irrelevant, that was a spin by dan to
try and save face, did not work....BUT according to dan my tires should
explode when i drive down the road...they have a MAXIMUM rating of 50psi....
and he says that you can never have more than that...i can gurantee you that
when i drive down the road the tires heat up and the pressure goes up a few
pounds...then add the weight and according to Dan i should be on my rims by
now....

Old May 6th 05, 08:05 PM
Joey Tribiani

"Dan Smith" > wrote in message

> You breezed through tire school? Was that breeze caused by your snoring?
>
> You said, "distorting the shape has exactly NOTHING to do with it...."

That
> means that you believe that when you have a fixed amount of a substance in

> container and reduce the volume of the container the pressure stays the
> same. ARE YOU JOKING??? Have you never heard of an air compressor? Have
> you never heard of an internal combustion engine? Have you never heard of
> an air conditioner? Have you never heard of ...
>
> Never mind. You're just making stuff up. You can't really believe this
> crap you're spewing forth and you can't really be this stupid. You're

just
> messing with me.

first of all trim your quotes you amateur...second i was ****ing ASE
certified in suspension systems....ever done that? if not i doubt anyone
wasted the time or money to have engineers from Mohawk(Yokohama) come and
give you classes concerning tires....i on the other hand *did* have
those....you will NOT reduce the "volume of the container" (I.E. tire) by
adding weight....if you do, you have already overloaded the tire weightwise,
and the "point" is moot...tires, like every thing else are designed for use
under certain conditions...go outside that and you may suffer a
failure.....what adding weight has to do with your original claim that
having 35psi in a tire is suicidal, i don't know...do you? thats right
NOTHING.....just a spin to take the heat off you for being full of
****....didn't work, you are still full of ****...to drive the point home
even more, the two reasons tires fail most are UNDERINFLATION and
OVERLOADING....and they BOTH fail for the same reason....HINT: its not from
being overpressurized....if you don't know what that reason is, i will
gladly tell you, but the childish "i'm right cause i wanna be" **** you have
been throwing out is getting tired....you are in over your head in this
"discussion" so you should either bail while you can or admit it and try to
actually learn something....the latter is the best so you don't spew wrong
information on a worldwide forum again....the choice is yours....

Old May 6th 05, 09:50 PM
Lorem Ipsum

> go to google...read the thread again...i am pretty tired of repeating
> myself
> over and over so you ****sticks can nitpick....i even stated that the
> pressure INSIDE The balloon would increase *initially*....but it stretches
> and has a NET GAIN of NOTHING....

Gain of nothing because it burst! At the moment before the burst, the
pressure was higher than before.

Old May 6th 05, 09:52 PM
Lorem Ipsum

> [...] BUT according to dan my tires should
> explode when i drive down the road...they have a MAXIMUM rating of
> 50psi....
> and he says that you can never have more than that... [...]

Yep old dan is being silly.

Old May 6th 05, 10:24 PM
Dan Smith

"Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message

> "Lorem Ipsum" > wrote in message
> > "Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message
> >
> > > there is no pressure increase.... you would have to overload the tire
> > > beyond
> > > what was the subject at hand to *ever* decrease the inside
> > > volume....period... you won't make the tire smaller...it will burst
> > > first...

> > Yes - that's where you went wrong in the case of the balloon. In this

case
> > you would have to squash an underrated tire one hell of a lot to burst

it.
> > am sure you have seen it happen at least once.
> >
> > > again you seem to have the theory, but you are still not quite

there....
> > > my
> > > tires on my pu contain 50psi cold.....even when i slap a couple tons

of
> > > gravel on the back it still has 50psi cold....

> > Yep. Those tires are rated/built to the task. It is too bad the balloon

> part
> > of the thread was irrelevant to the thread.
> >

> i agree with you on the balloon being irrelevant, that was a spin by dan

> try and save face, did not work....BUT according to dan my tires should
> explode when i drive down the road...they have a MAXIMUM rating of

50psi....
> and he says that you can never have more than that...i can gurantee you

that
> when i drive down the road the tires heat up and the pressure goes up a

few
> pounds...then add the weight and according to Dan i should be on my rims

by
> now....

Bwah! ha! ha! ha!

Now you're hallucinating!

Old May 6th 05, 10:26 PM
Dan Smith

> "Dan Smith" > wrote in message
> > > >

> > "Stupid people are funny." - Shaggie
> >
> > "Joey and Shaggie are hilarious." - Dan
> >

> dan don't be upset everytime you put your foot in your big mouth...you

will
> have a very unhappy life...take your lumps and go....emphasis on the GO...

Bwah! ha! ha! ha!

You're still hallucinating.

Old May 6th 05, 11:29 PM
Joey Tribiani

"Lorem Ipsum" > wrote in message

> "Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message
>
> > go to google...read the thread again...i am pretty tired of repeating
> > myself
> > over and over so you ****sticks can nitpick....i even stated that the
> > pressure INSIDE The balloon would increase *initially*....but it

stretches
> > and has a NET GAIN of NOTHING....

> Gain of nothing because it burst! At the moment before the burst, the
> pressure was higher than before.

get you a balloon with a schrader valve and show us.....