Should I paint it?

Old July 12th 06, 02:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default Should I paint it?

Hi all,
I've just bought a 71> backplate for my 68 bus.
Taken off the adjuster bracket to weld on the 68 bracket.

I was wondering should I paint the backplate.
It came in bare metal and because it gets very hot when braking
and all the original ones seem not painted is it worth painting or just rust proofing.
I'm not after a concourse model just an ever day driver.

Your advice would be appreciated.