minor transmission trouble

Old November 1st 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default minor transmission trouble

When upshifting my transmission, it grinds in going from 1st gear to
2nd gear about 90% of the time, unless I double clutch, in which case
there are no problems. I do not have any problems when upshifting to
other gears, or when downshifting to any gear.

Additionally, when the temperature starts to get colder (45F or so),
it becomes extremely difficult to shift up or down into any of the
lower gears (R, 1, 2, and sometimes 3.) The shift lever simply won't
go into gear. Once the temperature falls below freezing, it's
virtually impossible to force the transmission into any of those gears
without shutting off the engine, making the shift, then restarting
the vehicle. (Obviously not very conducive to a pleasant driving
experience.)

Just looking for some input on what problems these issues could be
indicative of.

Old November 1st 06, 01:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Carl[_3_]

How does the oil look?

Carl

oups.com...

Old November 1st 06, 01:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

Sounds to me if can double clutch it, and it'll go in, than your
clutch is not fully releasing, like it need a fluid in it's reservoir if
it's a hydraulic system, or linkage adjustment.
Also, some Japanese transmission synchros are sensitive to the type
of lubricant used.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old November 2nd 06, 12:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

Water in the tranny or low fluid will cause your symptoms. I would
recommend you check it.

Jeep in it's wisdumb didn't put a high water vent on the tranny, only a
stoopid button vent. I have seen lots full of water and mud.

Be careful with the replacement oil. You don't say, but CJ's are picky
for gear oil. Put the wrong one in and the syncro's quit. It won't
work on GL5 oil.

On the early T5's you can even use ATF in the winter in them though. I
haven't needed it up here in Canada. I went semi-synthetic.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old September 14th 15, 09:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

在 2006年11月1日星期三 写道
> When upshifting my transmission, it grinds in going from 1st gear to
> 2nd gear about 90% of the time, unless I double clutch, in which case
> there are no problems. I do not have any problems when upshifting to
> other gears, or when downshifting to any gear.
>
> Additionally, when the temperature starts to get colder (45F or so),
> it becomes extremely difficult to shift up or down into any of the
> lower gears (R, 1, 2, and sometimes 3.) The shift lever simply won't
> go into gear. Once the temperature falls below freezing, it's
> virtually impossible to force the transmission into any of those gears
> without shutting off the engine, making the shift, then restarting
> the vehicle. (Obviously not very conducive to a pleasant driving
> experience.)
>
> Just looking for some input on what problems these issues could be
> indicative of.

China Shenzhen ZHAOWEI Machinery & Electronics Co. Ltd engages in designing, manufacturing and marketing all kinds of electric motors. They are mainly suitable for the following applications: smart home application used in smart kitchen and laundry, medical instrument for personal care, smart E-transmission applied in automobile, industry automation applied in telecommunication and a great variety of plastic/metal planetary gearbox in different sizes.
In order to develop the oversea market, we are current seeking new partners around the world to create a bright future together. ZhaoWei is a right choice and excellent partnership with sincere services.

Company: Shenzhen ZHAOWEI Machinery & Electronics Co., Ltd
Contact: Anny Liu
Tel:+86-755-27322652
Fax:+86-755-27323949

Add: Blk. 18, Longwangmiao Industry Park, Fuyong Tn., Bao’an Dist., Shenzhen 518103, Guangdong, China