GTP mod for NR 2003 has been removed

Old January 20th 05, 06:16 PM
Uwe Schürkamp

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:12:13 -0600, Plowboy2 wrote:
> T,
>
> just thought since we're gonna post, might as well see if we see a trend
> with users that didnt work...
>
> Everyone answer...
>
> 1 did it work?

yes.

> 2.What vid card do you have?

Radeon 9800 PRO

> 3. and do you have intel or amd?

AMD XP 2400+
> 4. Mozilla for some other browser?

Firefox.

> 5. XP or something else?

XP Pro SP2

> 6. NTFS or FAT32?

c:\ == NTFS, but installed GTP to a fat32 partition (n2003 lives on
C:, though)

uwe

--
GPG Fingerprint: 2E 13 20 22 9A 3F 63 7F 67 6F E9 B1 A8 36 A4 61
Old January 20th 05, 06:33 PM
Tony Rickard

> 1 did it work?

Yes

> 2.What vid card do you have?

9800Pro

> 3. and do you have intel or amd?

AMD

> 4. Mozilla for some other browser?

Mozilla Firefox

> 5. XP or something else?

XP SP1

> 6. NTFS or FAT32?

NTFS

Old January 20th 05, 07:22 PM
Peter Burke

"Plowboy2" > wrote in message
> T,
>
> just thought since we're gonna post, might as well see if we see a

trend
> with users that didnt work...
>
> Everyone answer...
>
> 1 did it work?

server and client working just fine

> 2.What vid card do you have?

ti4600 client, GF2 mx server

> 3. and do you have intel or amd?

AMD both

> 4. Mozilla for some other browser?

does it matter?

> 5. XP or something else?

98se client win2k Advanced server for hosting

> 6. NTFS or FAT32?

both depending on OS

Old January 20th 05, 07:51 PM
cuk

Plowboy2 wrote:
> T,
>
> just thought since we're gonna post, might as well see if we see a trend
> with users that didnt work...
>
> Everyone answer...
>
> 1 did it work?

yes

> 2.What vid card do you have?

Radeon 9700 non-pro

> 3. and do you have intel or amd?

amd 2700+

> 4. Mozilla for some other browser?

mozilla

> 5. XP or something else?

win 98se

> 6. NTFS or FAT32?

fat32

--
"For instance I can't think of the last time I actually paid for a copy
of Windows." -- James Calivar
Old January 20th 05, 08:29 PM
buster

tomr2c wrote:
> http://www.redlinedevelopments.com/

DO NOT UNINSTALL THIS MOD. IT WIPES OUT THE ENTIRE ROOT DIRECTORY WHEN
YOU DO!!!!!!
Old January 20th 05, 09:12 PM
Joachim Trensz

buster wrote:
> DO NOT UNINSTALL THIS MOD. IT WIPES OUT THE ENTIRE ROOT DIRECTORY WHEN
> YOU DO!!!!!!

Ouch, if that were true it would definitely count as a major bug. Anybody
verified this?

Achim
Old January 20th 05, 09:14 PM
Remco Moedt

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:12:13 -0600, "Plowboy2"
> wrote:

>T,
>
> just thought since we're gonna post, might as well see if we see a trend
>with users that didnt work...
>
>Everyone answer...
>
>1 did it work?

Yes....well, kinda..CTD in race when I switch camara to another driver

>2.What vid card do you have?

6800 GT Ultra

>3. and do you have intel or amd?

AMD 64

>4. Mozilla for some other browser?

Just plain IE

>5. XP or something else?

XP SP2

>6. NTFS or FAT32?

NTFS

Old January 20th 05, 09:42 PM
Will_H#24

"Plowboy2" > wrote in message
news:xLQHd.61669$Wo.26327@lakeread08... T,

just thought since we're gonna post, might as well see if we see a trend
with users that didnt work...

Everyone answer...

1 did it work? Yes, very well!

2.What vid card do you have? 6800GT OC

3. and do you have intel or amd? AMD Athlon 64 3500 1 GIG Ram

4. Mozilla for some other browser? Firefox

5. XP or something else? XP Prof.

6. NTFS or FAT32? NTFS

Works and installed fine on my setup!

Old January 20th 05, 10:16 PM
Mika Takala

"Joachim Trensz" > kirjoitti
> buster wrote:
>> DO NOT UNINSTALL THIS MOD. IT WIPES OUT THE ENTIRE ROOT DIRECTORY WHEN
>> YOU DO!!!!!!

> Ouch, if that were true it would definitely count as a major bug. Anybody
> verified this?
>
> Achim

There isn't any uninstall program for GTP in add/remove software system in
control panel. Furthermore, there are inviting uninst.exe files in the GTP
folder, but those are probably just leftovers (need-to be present) from
N2003. I suspect that running them will do nothing, but I still do not
recommend trying them!

And, if you have read the readme, the chapter 8 says:

7) This track is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT
ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

so redline isn't in any way responsible for any damages the mod causes
But I couldn't verify any uninstallation bug, because the uninstallation
will have to be done manually by deleting the GTP directory.

--
Mika Takala

Old January 20th 05, 11:57 PM
Ed White

"Joachim Trensz" > wrote in message
> buster wrote:
>> DO NOT UNINSTALL THIS MOD. IT WIPES OUT THE ENTIRE ROOT DIRECTORY WHEN
>> YOU DO!!!!!!

> Ouch, if that were true it would definitely count as a major bug. Anybody
> verified this?
>
> Achim

AT,
The only major bug is the poster, buster, I'd say maybe stinkbug......? Dung
beetle? You get the idea.....GTP is cool, Rfactor is cool, GTR is cool, it's
a great time in Simland, Hell, even EA may put out something worthwhile.
Sounds a little farfetched as I type it but ya never know....... :^)

Ed

Add Navigation to 2003 Honda Accord LX Rich Honda 1 December 23rd 04 09:17 PM
oil used in 2003 A4 Bob Navarro Audi 9 November 11th 04 10:54 PM
How much could I get for 2003 Sunfire? Bellefee General 0 August 23rd 04 03:45 PM
Is a 2003 model in the showroom considered new or used Gene Ferioli General 1 March 3rd 04 08:56 PM