LCD advice needed

Old May 24th 05, 10:47 AM
Paulinho

Default LCD advice needed

Hi all,

Well I was thinking about ordering one of these for my PC...

The only thing I`m unsure of is the response time... would it be ok at
18ms...?

I want to play GP4,GPL,GTR,GTlegends,RBR.. you know, all the best ones...

Would it work ok ? as it`s a lot of money to find out !

Thanks for any advice, also would my desktop seem ok on it...

Old May 24th 05, 11:20 AM
PietD

Why don't you ask the guys with the fancy cars that work in the same
buildign as you.

lmao

Old May 24th 05, 11:38 AM
Jone Tytlandsvik

PietD wrote:
> Why don't you ask the guys with the fancy cars that work in the same
> buildign as you.

And don't forget to ask for the release date. We demand to know the release
date!

Old May 24th 05, 02:13 PM
Larry

That Resolution (and LCD's only have ONE true resolution) looks a bit odd to
me. I would be 100% sure your Video Card supports it properly.

-Larry

Old May 24th 05, 03:33 PM
Paulinho

"Larry" > wrote in message
> That Resolution (and LCD's only have ONE true resolution) looks a bit odd
> to me. I would be 100% sure your Video Card supports it properly.
>
> -Larry
>
> "Paulinho" > wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Well I was thinking about ordering one of these for my PC...
>>
>> http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=83120
>>
>> The only thing I`m unsure of is the response time... would it be ok at
>> 18ms...?
>>
>> I want to play GP4,GPL,GTR,GTlegends,RBR.. you know, all the best ones...
>>
>> Would it work ok ? as it`s a lot of money to find out !
>>
>> Thanks for any advice, also would my desktop seem ok on it...

Ha ha, they work opposite my place of employment, and yes I`m talking to
them, and yes I have seen more.. It`s just one of them put his finger on my
lips when I saw him and he said " ssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh"... I guess he
figured it was me on here.. so high "Dave".

I have played it a lot more since my last post, a few other cars and other
tracks, one track was 95% complete, I just can`t fill in the details yet..
otherwise I may loose my sneak plays !!

Old May 24th 05, 07:42 PM
tlgtr

I tried one and it looked very pretty. But be sure you get a high
respones time 17-18ms or better. I ended up taking mine back as there
was some blurring on some tracks. Ended up with a 19" falt screen CRT
for half the money.

Old May 24th 05, 08:08 PM
schooner

You mean a low response time, under 16ms is best for gaming, the higher the
number the slower the update.

ups.com...

Old May 24th 05, 08:51 PM
Paulinho

"schooner" > wrote in message
> You mean a low response time, under 16ms is best for gaming, the higher
> the number the slower the update.
>
> "tlgtr" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>>I tried one and it looked very pretty. But be sure you get a high
>> respones time 17-18ms or better. I ended up taking mine back as there
>> was some blurring on some tracks. Ended up with a 19" falt screen CRT
>> for half the money.

I think the response is 18ms.. would that be enough.........?

Old May 24th 05, 09:02 PM
Fisher

On Tue, 24 May 2005 09:47:06 +0000 (UTC), "Paulinho"
> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Well I was thinking about ordering one of these for my PC...
>
>http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=83120
>
>The only thing I`m unsure of is the response time... would it be ok at
>18ms...?
>
>I want to play GP4,GPL,GTR,GTlegends,RBR.. you know, all the best ones...
>
>Would it work ok ? as it`s a lot of money to find out !
>
>Thanks for any advice, also would my desktop seem ok on it...

My 9800pro supports 1360x768 but not 1366x768 and that is a TV not a
computer monitor so it's not going to come with an .inf file to tell
your vid card what resolutions to use. I would look to buying a 24"
computer LCD if I was you. 32" is a bit big for near field viewing
anyway.
Old May 25th 05, 11:33 AM
mjones53

Get the Viewsonic VX924 extreme 19" with a 4ms response time.
newsELke.9416$9A2.7483@edtnps89...