Music for new Mustangs

Old January 18th 05, 01:18 PM
JohnH

Default Music for new Mustangs

With the retro look of the new Mustangs, and being 60 years old, the
perfect music would be from the '60's. As the new cd changer plays MP3
files, a good place to check out is alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.1960s.

FWIW

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes
Old January 18th 05, 03:16 PM
Backyard Mechanic

Cant beat Mustang Sally... plenty of covers to suit your taste!. From Wilson
Pickett to the YoungRascals to the Commitments soundtrack.

But those are basically the same arrangements...suppose the Njashville Girl
band, "Mustang Sally" has their own.

Then there's Tom Jones

JohnH opined in :

Old January 18th 05, 08:43 PM
Spike

Tom who?
Guess my hair ain't blue....
Least ya didn't say Wayne Newton... how long was it before I realized
that "Danke Shane" was sung by a guy.... LOL

I think I still have the albums Hot Rod Hits, Sounds of the Drags, and
Sidewalk Surfin with many more in a box in the attic.

That Time Life Rock & Roll Collection (10 CDs) is GREAT and has a nice
cross section of good sounds spanning the decades..... But no Blues
MaGoos "Life is Just a Chair o' Bowlies" or The Standells "Have You
Ever Spent the Night in Jail" non-mainstream stuff.... : )

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 15:16:13 GMT, Backyard Mechanic
> wrote:

>Cant beat Mustang Sally... plenty of covers to suit your taste!. From Wilson
>Pickett to the YoungRascals to the Commitments soundtrack.
>
>But those are basically the same arrangements...suppose the Njashville Girl
>band, "Mustang Sally" has their own.
>
>Then there's Tom Jones
>
>JohnH opined in :
>
>> With the retro look of the new Mustangs, and being 60 years old, the
>> perfect music would be from the '60's. As the new cd changer plays MP3
>> files, a good place to check out is alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.1960s.
>>
>> FWIW

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Old January 19th 05, 02:03 AM
Gill

Backyard Mechanic wrote:
> Cant beat Mustang Sally... plenty of covers to suit your taste!. From Wilson
> Pickett to the YoungRascals to the Commitments soundtrack.
>
> But those are basically the same arrangements...suppose the Njashville Girl
> band, "Mustang Sally" has their own.
>
> Then there's Tom Jones
>
> JohnH opined in :
>

>>With the retro look of the new Mustangs, and being 60 years old, the
>>perfect music would be from the '60's. As the new cd changer plays MP3
>>files, a good place to check out is alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.1960s.
>>
>>FWIW

Oh and there's that old song, Black Sunshine, by White Zombie. I think
they are from the sixties, at least they have that song, 1965 WOW!

--
Tropic Green Y2K 5 Speed Mustang GT
With Bits and Pieces
Old January 19th 05, 10:41 AM
MadDAWG

> Oh and there's that old song, Black Sunshine, by White Zombie. I think
> they are from the sixties, at least they have that song, 1965 WOW!

White Zombie (aka Rob Zombie) from the 60's? more like early 90s for that
one, if I had my cd here at work I'd tell you for sure.

However it is a great song

IIRC it was Iggy Pop that did the intro

"gripping the wheel, his knuckles went white with desire..."

Rob also had another great driving song. Dragula. Maybe I just think that
because I was racing a Cutlass to it.

MadDAWG

Old January 20th 05, 09:49 AM
MadDAWG

> Rob Zombie's great. Check out the tune he did with Howard Stern on
> the 'Private Parts' soundtrack.

I'm a big fan of Rob's. Have you seen his movie House of a 1000 corpses?
If you like old school horror flick its pretty cool with lots of tongue in
check humor. Make sure you let the menu play without starting the movie
right away. There is some funny stuff if you just let it sit.

MadDAWG

Old January 20th 05, 02:37 PM

Another great Zombie song for the car is "Supercharger Heaven" on the
album "Astro Creep: 2000 -- Songs of Love, Destruction, and Other
Synthetic Delusions of the Electric Head"

Old January 23rd 05, 05:27 AM
JS

Memories....

I've driven many a Mustang and my 600 Ninja to that song cranked way up, way
up..

JS

oups.com...