Darn Mute Connection on Ford Radio

Old April 16th 05, 03:39 AM
dhlair

Default Darn Mute Connection on Ford Radio

Up till now, no luck. I have a 2005 Ford Explorer with the simplest AM/FM
single CD radio. I have a cell phone hands free with a mute connection to
the radio so as to mute when using the phone. For the life of me and the
agency, since this is a radio without a mute button on the face, no one
knows where to connect the mute coonection of the hands free to the radio.
Make my day and someone help me out!! Thanks

Steve

Old April 16th 05, 03:47 AM
dhlair

to readers, should actually read at the end "to what pin at the at the rear
of the radio".

Old April 17th 05, 05:51 PM
dhlair

Is this for real? No one knows??? Help!!!

Old April 17th 05, 08:07 PM
Big Bill

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 12:51:01 -0400, "dhlair" >
wrote:

>Is this for real? No one knows??? Help!!!

Call Crutchfield, they should know.
1-888-955-6000

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Old April 18th 05, 02:24 AM
dhlair

Thanks Big Bill, but "no purchase" no answers! I guess I give up. Really
doesn't sound like a difficult question and was sure there was someone
around that could figure this one out. I guess the motto is "don't buy a
hands free cause no one can insatll it". What frustration!

Old April 18th 05, 04:40 PM
Big Bill

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 21:24:31 -0400, "dhlair" >
wrote:

>Thanks Big Bill, but "no purchase" no answers! I guess I give up. Really
>doesn't sound like a difficult question and was sure there was someone
>around that could figure this one out. I guess the motto is "don't buy a
>hands free cause no one can insatll it". What frustration!

Sorry they couldn't help.
Why can't the people who made the hands free unit help?
You mentioned "the agency" as not being able to help; who is "the
agency"? The makers of the hands free unit?

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Old April 19th 05, 01:10 AM
Passerby

I phoned several auto audio electronics dealers asking how to connect
my cell phone to my radio so that the radio mute would operate each
time I used the cell phone. Not a single dealer would share the secret
of which wires must be connected to in order to make this happen.
However, several dealers were willing to accept upwards of $130 of my
money for them to clip into the unmentionable magic wires that, when
pierced would enable my hands free unit to mute the radio.
Good luck & good hunting!

Old April 19th 05, 01:43 AM
dhlair

Now we're talking the same language. Problem is I bought my car at the Ford
Dealership in Panama (Republic of) and they have no clue, not even for
$130, which at this point, would be happy to pay!!! You said it.......
good hunting!

Old April 20th 05, 02:26 AM
Paul M

Found on the web:

This will work with any phone kit that uses an external speaker and has a
mute
lead.The wire color changes radio to radio, all you need is a little 12volt
test light connect the lead to ground and probe the largest square plug
behind
the radio.Make sure the radio is on.Once you find the right wire the radio
will
mute and it will display either "Phone" or "Mute".When hooked up to a phone
kit
this will mute the radio when the phone is in use.

lkaboutautos.com...

Old April 23rd 05, 02:29 AM
dhlair

Paul M,

Thanks for the info, will give it a try. Sure we're talking about the same
simple Ford single CD AM/FM radio without a mute botton on the face? Where
did you find this on the web?

Steve