1974 Standard Wiring Help

Old November 1st 04, 04:46 PM
Zap

Default 1974 Standard Wiring Help

Hi All,
Purchased Main Wiring Harness and installed as much as I could, but still
can't seem to get headlight, turn signials, taillights and brake lights to
work. The good news is that the doom light works and I did save 15% on my
insurance. Can anyone help with my wiring problem???
Thanks in advance...
Ronnie
469-774-4634 or RonnieATmailnhl.com

Old November 1st 04, 08:12 PM
Speedy Jim

Zap wrote:

> Hi All,
> Purchased Main Wiring Harness and installed as much as I could, but still
> can't seem to get headlight, turn signials, taillights and brake lights to
> work. The good news is that the doom light works and I did save 15% on my
> insurance. Can anyone help with my wiring problem???
> Thanks in advance...
> Ronnie
> 469-774-4634 or RonnieATmailnhl.com

LOL I wonder if the doom light is some kind of advance warning
about the 15% off insurance...

On a '74, the headlights, turn sigs and brake lights are controlled
by the Ignition switch (but not the taillights).

Do you have a voltmeter or 12V test lamp you can use to check
voltage at critical points?
Do you have a diagram for the car?
http://www.vintagebus.com/wiring.html

Speedy Jim