headliners

Old November 29th 08, 11:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default headliners

hey everyone, im wondering if anyone knows where i could get (or might
personally sell me) one particular part of the headliner for a 1965
bug. my bug sat in the sun for years and years in my grandpa's
driveway before he gave it to me to fix up and keep. the sun rotted
most of the carpet, but left most of the headliner in perfect shape.
the only part that got wrecked in the sun was the piece of headliner
material that goes underneath the rear window. just that bit, between
the backmost part of the interior carpet and the curved bottom of the
window, maybe a couple feet across and at most 8 inches tall at the
center. i know i can get a whole new headliner kit, even a cheap one
for $50, but i just dont want to tear out the rest of the headliner -
it's original and its pristine. and i dont want to waste a bunch of
money just to get one little piece out of a kit. anyone?
Old November 29th 08, 11:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
dave AKA vwdoc1[_2_]

Maybe http://www.sewfineproducts.com/catalogs.html can help you and just
sell you a small section of headliner material.
They were helpful when I redid my '66 Sedan, but I bought everything from
them. ;-)