Amazing Passat W8 vs Corvette ZO6 Video

Old July 15th 07, 10:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
db

Default Unamazing Passat W8 vs Corvette ZO6 Video

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 18:32:55 -0700, Sal >
wrote:

>American cars SUCK. Here are the top 18 GPS Confirmed Speedo pics from
>speed demons from around the world on Highways and Tracks. NOT ONE OF
>THEM is an American car.
>
>If Corvettes are so good PROVE it. Make it into the top 10 and POST a
>pic on the need for speed website PROVING how good American Cars are.
>THEY SUCK and are technologically inferior and that's why none of them
>are in the top 18.

What is your definition of not sucking ? If I bought any of the
cars you listed, if it needs a repair, where can it be repaired? And
if it needs parts, where do I get them?

From what I've read the Z06 has been rated as one of the best bang for
the buck. I think best is a broad statement... best in what, speed,
performance, price, reliability and so for. And I'm no car expert
but I think where a car is to be used has a lot to do with how it will
perform (elevations, weather, etc..).
Old July 15th 07, 10:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
Sal

Default Amazing Passat W8 vs Corvette ZO6 Video

On Jul 15, 4:35 pm, Mike Smith >
wrote:
> Sal wrote:
> > My 400 BHP+ stat for a THEORETICAL 2008 Passat W8 Six Speed Sport is
> > based on the fact that the V6 Passat jumped from 190 BHP to 280BHP and
> > 300 BHP for the V6 and V6 R36 from last generation to this generation.
> > 400-430BHP and a 200 to 205 MPH top speed are VERY GOOD ESTIMATES for
> > what the W8 would be doing with the governor removed if it was still
> > around.

> Math isn't your strong suit, is it? The B5 Passat's 2.8L V6 made 190
> HP. That's about 68 HP/L. Multiply that by the W8's 4.0L and you
> get... 271 HP, which is pretty damn close to VW's rating of 270 HP. So
> where the hell do you get 400 HP? (Apart from your delusional fanboy
> fantasies, I mean.)
>
> --
> Mike Smith

I was talking about a THEORETICAL 2008 W8.
Seeing that the Passat B5.5 V6 BHP was just 190, but the Passat B6 V6
BHP was 280 it's reasonable to think that if a 2008 W8 was still
around, it would have 400+ BHP.

Old July 15th 07, 10:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
Sal

On Jul 15, 4:41 pm, Mike Smith >
wrote:
> Sal wrote:
> > Oh, really, what's the fuel economy of a Corvette?

> 20 city, 29 highway - better than even a V6 B5 Passat, never mind a W8.
> Why don't you check your ****ing facts before your embarrass yourself
> even further?
>
> > What's the
> > Corvette's Drag Coefficient?

> Who the **** cares? Design parameters don't count; measured results are
> what counts.
>
> --
> Mike Smith

B5 1.8T Manual is 31 MPG highway, B6 2.0T Manual is 29 MPG(under the
NEW guidlines).
Passat TDI is 44 MPG highway.

Old July 15th 07, 10:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
Sal

Wow, talk about being clueless about streetracing, the Need for Speed
Website is NOT a Videogame Site.
It's a site where the WORLD's TOP FASTEST STREET drivers post their
photos and videos to impress eachother.
There are some pros on there too, but mostly it's amateurs.
http://www.need4speed.ws/essence0.html

On Jul 15, 4:54 pm, The Wolf With the Red Roses <after-dark-

Old July 15th 07, 10:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
Sal

On Jul 15, 5:39 pm, db wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 18:32:55 -0700, Sal >
> wrote:
>
> >American cars SUCK. Here are the top 18 GPS Confirmed Speedo pics from
> >speed demons from around the world on Highways and Tracks. NOT ONE OF
> >THEM is an American car.

> >If Corvettes are so good PROVE it. Make it into the top 10 and POST a
> >pic on the need for speed website PROVING how good American Cars are.
> >THEY SUCK and are technologically inferior and that's why none of them
> >are in the top 18.

> What is your definition of not sucking ? If I bought any of the
> cars you listed, if it needs a repair, where can it be repaired? And
> if it needs parts, where do I get them?
>
> From what I've read the Z06 has been rated as one of the best bang for
> the buck. I think best is a broad statement... best in what, speed,
> performance, price, reliability and so for. And I'm no car expert
> but I think where a car is to be used has a lot to do with how it will
> perform (elevations, weather, etc..).

WRX STI is a lot better bang for your buck, as is VW GTI.
Also, with mods, they can do 335-350 km/h just for the price of a base
Corvette.
HPA Golfs that cost less than a base Corvette can outperform and
outrun a Corvette SS.

Old July 15th 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
db

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 14:55:20 -0700, Sal >
wrote:

>On Jul 15, 5:39 pm, db wrote:
>> On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 18:32:55 -0700, Sal >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >American cars SUCK. Here are the top 18 GPS Confirmed Speedo pics from
>> >speed demons from around the world on Highways and Tracks. NOT ONE OF
>> >THEM is an American car.

>> >If Corvettes are so good PROVE it. Make it into the top 10 and POST a
>> >pic on the need for speed website PROVING how good American Cars are.
>> >THEY SUCK and are technologically inferior and that's why none of them
>> >are in the top 18.

>> What is your definition of not sucking ? If I bought any of the
>> cars you listed, if it needs a repair, where can it be repaired? And
>> if it needs parts, where do I get them?
>>
>> From what I've read the Z06 has been rated as one of the best bang for
>> the buck. I think best is a broad statement... best in what, speed,
>> performance, price, reliability and so for. And I'm no car expert
>> but I think where a car is to be used has a lot to do with how it will
>> perform (elevations, weather, etc..).

>WRX STI is a lot better bang for your buck, as is VW GTI.
>Also, with mods, they can do 335-350 km/h just for the price of a base
>Corvette.
>HPA Golfs that cost less than a base Corvette can outperform and
>outrun a Corvette SS.

Can you provide some URL's to back these claims up? Americans are
known to love their cars so why haven't Americans caught on to your
claims? Frankly 350km/h doesn't impress me for a true sports car.
Hell cars could break that speed in the 1930's in the US.
Old July 16th 07, 12:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
ZÿRiX

"Sal" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Jul 15, 5:39 pm, db wrote:
>> On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 18:32:55 -0700, Sal >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >American cars SUCK. Here are the top 18 GPS Confirmed Speedo pics from
>> >speed demons from around the world on Highways and Tracks. NOT ONE OF
>> >THEM is an American car.

>> >If Corvettes are so good PROVE it. Make it into the top 10 and POST a
>> >pic on the need for speed website PROVING how good American Cars are.
>> >THEY SUCK and are technologically inferior and that's why none of them
>> >are in the top 18.

>> What is your definition of not sucking ? If I bought any of the
>> cars you listed, if it needs a repair, where can it be repaired? And
>> if it needs parts, where do I get them?
>>
>> From what I've read the Z06 has been rated as one of the best bang for
>> the buck. I think best is a broad statement... best in what, speed,
>> performance, price, reliability and so for. And I'm no car expert
>> but I think where a car is to be used has a lot to do with how it will
>> perform (elevations, weather, etc..).

> WRX STI is a lot better bang for your buck, as is VW GTI.
> Also, with mods, they can do 335-350 km/h just for the price of a base
> Corvette.
> HPA Golfs that cost less than a base Corvette can outperform and
> outrun a Corvette SS.

Corvette SS???

Show me one in production...
--
ZÿRiX
(¯`'..(<>..<>)..'´¯)

Old July 16th 07, 01:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
Bob I

Default Unamazing Passat W8 films Corvette ZO6 in Video

Mike Smith wrote:
> Bob I wrote:
>>

>>> They made the first jet aircraft,

>> They also made the first one to get shot down by American fighters.
>> Seems the Mustangs shot a lot of german engineering out of the sky, on
>> their own turf no less!

> That's not exactly fair. Mustang pilots were able to shoot down Me-262s
> primarily by catching them during takeoff and landing.
>
> --
> Mike Smith

That is on their own turf, is it not? As to "fair", what's the phrase
"All's fair in love and war."? The point is that the dufus seems to be
pretty ignorant about everything he posts.
Old July 16th 07, 01:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
Bob I

Default Unamazing ****ant W8 vs Corvette ZO6 Video

Sal wrote:
> On Jul 15, 5:39 pm, db wrote:
>> On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 18:32:55 -0700, Sal >
>> wrote:
>>

> WRX STI is a lot better bang for your buck, as is VW GTI.
> Also, with mods, they can do 335-350 km/h just for the price of a base
> Corvette.
> HPA Golfs that cost less than a base Corvette can outperform and
> outrun a Corvette SS.

The only amazing thing here is your aptitude for stoopid! Please show me
a 20 year old WReX.
Old July 16th 07, 02:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
Jim Behning[_1_]

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 16:26:23 -0400, Mike Smith
> wrote:

>Jim Behning wrote:
>> On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 20:58:57 +0100, "caroline"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> "Jim Behning" wrote

>>> *ROFLMFAO*
>>>
>>> An Audi Passat? That's a new one on me ;o)
>>>

>> VW in my mind

>"In my mind"? How 'bout trying "in reality" for a while. The Passat is
>made by VWAG, in Emden and Zwickau, in plants where (AFAIK) no Audis are
>made.

I wonder if this article takes things out of my mind and in to
reality? http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...how/447927.cms
VW has made cars in various plants scattered about the world. They
even made Rabbits and Golfs in Pennsylvania for a few years.