75 TS, location of oilpressure sender

Old May 16th 05, 09:17 PM
Stef

Default 75 TS, location of oilpressure sender

Hi all,

Tonight I tried to locate the oilpressure sender on my 1992 Alfa 75 TS, but
can't seem to find it. I have found a couple of senders but I believe these

2 on back of engine:
- Coolant temperature sender
- Coolant high temperature switch

1 on intake side, bottom:
- Oil level sender
(this one is 2-wire, all others 1-wire)

1 on exhaust side, just beside dipstick:
- Oil pressure low switch

Are the above assumptions correct?

But where is that oilpressure sender? And what does it look like, just
as small as the oil pressure switch or is it one of those big pressure
boxes?

And AFAIK there should also be a seperate temperature sender for the
motronic injection system, haven't found that either. It may be one
of the 2 on the back of the engine?

--
Stef (remove caps, dashes and .invalid from e-mail address to reply by mail)

Once a word has been allowed to escape, it cannot be recalled.
-- Quintus Horatius Flaccus (Horace)
Old May 16th 05, 11:17 PM
alfistagj

try www.alfa75.info
--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)

"Stef" > schreef in bericht

Old May 17th 05, 12:18 AM
Stef

In alt.autos.alfa-romeo,
alfistagj > wrote:
>try www.alfa75.info
>--

Most of those docs are also on the milano cardisc, but a few are not.
And when I started a download of one of the handbooks, I discovered
that one was already on my harddisk. ;-( Thanks for reminding me of
that link.

Found the location of the oilpresure sender for the 1.8IE in
"werkplaats handboek", page 13. It is on the intake side, near the
starter motor. And it is a 'big' pressure box. Should be the same on
all 4c engines I presume, hope I'll be able to check tomorrow (busy).

--
Stef (remove caps, dashes and .invalid from e-mail address to reply by mail)

"Never make any mistaeks."
(Anonymous, in a mail discussion about to a kernel bug report.)
Old May 17th 05, 11:01 PM
Stef

In alt.autos.alfa-romeo,
Stef > wrote:

>Found the location of the oilpresure sender for the 1.8IE in
>"werkplaats handboek", page 13. It is on the intake side, near the
>starter motor. And it is a 'big' pressure box. Should be the same on
>all 4c engines I presume, hope I'll be able to check tomorrow (busy).

Yes, same on the TS engine. Sender is just above the starter motor and
above it I also found the other missing sensor: the temperature sensor
for the motronic.

--
Stef (remove caps, dashes and .invalid from e-mail address to reply by mail)

Start the day with a smile. After that you can be your nasty old self again.

Explorer 5.0 DPFE Sensor Location Eric Brown via CarKB.com Ford Explorer 3 June 1st 05 02:34 AM
Removing Oil Pressure sender connector? Whoever Chrysler 12 January 2nd 05 02:45 PM
E39 fuel sender P-u-h-e-k BMW 2 October 11th 04 05:04 PM
oil pressure sender location M-30 Jim Rice BMW 2 September 26th 04 04:46 AM