Jeep lift question

Old June 14th 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Jeep lift question

Hey,

I have a 2000 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 Liter 6 Cylinder 3 Speed Automatic.

I want to have a lift kit put on it and was wondering if it would

A: Affect my gas mileage.

and

B. Would it make it ride any rougher or would it just be higher. I have
coil springs and not leafs.

and

C. Will it throw off my Speedometer and if it does, how can it be adjusted
to show the correct speed.

I am going to have this done somewhere else but don't want to get screwed
over...

Thanks for any help anyone can give!

Gawain

Old June 14th 06, 10:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

A. You already have one of the most unaerodynamic vehicles ever made.
Making it higher will affect your mileage, but only slightly. It won't get
better. Gas is pretty high where I am.

B. Answer depends on type, manufacturer, and quality of lift kit. It could
make the ride rougher, smoother, or about the same. Talk to the people who
are selling you the kit about this.

C. It won't affect your speedometer at all, unless you put bigger tires
under it.

Basically, more information is needed.

Earle

Old June 15th 06, 10:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

In article >,
Earle Horton > wrote:
#C. It won't affect your speedometer at all, unless you put bigger tires
#under it.

I thought the whole point of a lift kit was so that you could put bigger
tires on it. Otherwise, it's just needlessly raising your center of
gravity...

/herb