95 explorer eb

Old September 16th 05, 09:14 PM
rdome43417

Default 95 explorer eb

Where is the egr valve located and is it hard to change? If possible can
you give me a drawing or picture.

Thanks

Old September 17th 05, 01:11 AM
Jim Warman

It is extremely rare for these valves to require replacement. If you are
chasing a P0401, I would suggest performing some diagnostics before parts
are replaced needlessly.

lkaboutautos.com...

Old September 17th 05, 03:50 PM
rdome43417

I had it on the computer and the mechanic said it was the egr valve. It is
a 4.0L. I can get the 2 bolts loose but not the tube. Do you need a
special tool for that?

Old September 18th 05, 12:07 AM
Jim Warman

I'll say it again..... it is EXTREMELY RARE to have to replace one of these
valves. I'm not saying that I'm dounting your mechanic but... it woul be
nice to know what code your mechanic is retrieving (P0401 is the single,
most common code retrieved from delta pressure feedback EGR systems). The
description for P0401 is "insufficient flow" but running symptoms indicate
way too much flow. Your tech will not be the first one bitten by
insufficient diagnostics.

I don't think a special tool is required for tube removal... but I can't be
sure because I've never had to change one of these EGR valves.

If the code that is being retrieved and the test steps performed are a
national secret, I'll back off.... right now, I'm just trying to keep
someone from spending money in a fashion I see, at the outset, as needless.

Old October 18th 05, 05:35 PM
rdome43417

You were right it was not the EGR valve, it was the EGR vacum sensor. I
replaced it and I am still getting a check engine light. I also am not
getting any heat. I have the climate control and bo mater what i put it
on,(vent,floor def) i get no heat. I replaced the thermostat and top
heater hose, I also added some antifreeze as it was low. One mechanic said
he thaught it may be a vacum leak.