Ya ready for diesel yet?

Old September 11th 05, 07:03 AM
Bret Ludwig

L=2EW. Hughes III (=DFill) wrote:
> Nope! Not goin' to happen, I was here for the seventies, as
> Kalifornia companies were trying to find ways around SMOG compliance.
> Past litigation will insure that it will never kill again.

http://franzh.home.texas.net/engine.html

http://www.imperialclub.com/Repair/Fuel/convert.htm

http://www.propaneguy.com/

http://www.impcotechnologies.com/

http://www.gannproducts.com/index.htm

http://www.mantank.com/

http://www.technocarb.com/index.htm

http://www.truckworld.com/4x4-OffRoa...urboWillys.ht=
ml

http://www.gotpropane.com/

http://www.alternatefuelsracing.com/

http://www.carbturbo.com/

Yeah Bill, the lawyers have sure put the kibosh on Propane. No one
sells propane stuff.

Old September 11th 05, 07:07 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

My God you don't know the basics! The gas air mixture must be
maintained via variable valves under pressure, working something like
the venturi do under gravity and vacuum in a gasoline carburetor that
maintains a fifteen to one mixture. The diaphragm carburetor from the
site you pointed to: http://wps.com/LPG/annotated-pictures/IMAGE016.jpg
and http://wps.com/LPG/annotated-pictures/IMAGE021.jpg By The Way you
may see the hot water lines trying to keep it from freezing and killing
yet another. Imagine if you took off with pre-heating it?
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old September 11th 05, 07:10 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

So where the carburetor????????
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old September 11th 05, 07:14 AM
Bret Ludwig

Look under Impco, Nolff's/Woodward or Garretson. Or get someone in
Europe to send you a Vialle.

If you are a good scrounger there's also the propane Holleys. No
longer made, but the parts are all either the same as gas Holleys or
Impco.

There are also LPG fuel injection systems.

Old September 11th 05, 07:17 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I think you should order one. Darwin should able to eliminate you
on the first day.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old September 11th 05, 07:26 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

We are to buy it in Europe???????
Propane Holley <ROTFLMAO>
Inject a gas?????????
Are you in the UK? is that why you're so........ Ignorant in basic
mechanics?
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old September 11th 05, 07:31 AM
Bret Ludwig

L=2EW. Hughes III (=DFill) wrote:
<<snip>>

By The Way you
> may see the hot water lines trying to keep it from freezing and killing
> yet another. Imagine if you took off with pre-heating it?

This is just something that does not happen. No one in the propane
industry has ever heard of it. Ask Dave, has it happened in the humid
always raining UK yet even once? The Queen of England rides in a
propane burning Rolls Royce all the time. You think it would be allowed
if it was too dangerous?

If the vaporizer freezes up on the fuel side, due to a slug of water,
what happens is-the engine quits.

If you use 50/50 antifreeze like everyone does since WWII the propane
cannot freeze the coolant. The boiling point of propane is never below
the freeze point of 50/50 glycol water.

There are safety issues with propane. This is not one.

Old September 11th 05, 07:51 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

It is the humidity in the air that freezes, frozen by the released
gas under pressure, just like your air conditioner forms ice on
evaporator, that later melts out on the ground when parked. Your ideas
are going to kill someone!
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old September 11th 05, 08:01 AM
Bret Ludwig

If it was going to happen anywhere it would be in rainy England. it
doesn't and hasn't. And if it did, the engine would _just quit_.

In a car (usually) no life threatening deal. In an airplane that's why
you have CARB HEAT.

Carburetor icing occurs because of the temperature and pressure drop
across the venturi. No venturi no carb ice. Carb ice is rare on street
driven cars because the underhood area gets hot and the carb is not on
the bottom of the engine like a piece of **** Lycoming. It happens on
road-race cars because they use ducted air inlets, and remove the
underhood insulation and put holes in the hood, and use sidedraft SU
and Weber carbs on homemade tube intake manifolds. It happens on
airplanes because, the carb is on the bottom of the oil pan (Lyc) or on
a tube manifold hanging by the 'udder' (oil tank) (C*ntinental.)

Old September 11th 05, 10:21 AM
Dave Milne

That's easy here.

Dave Milne, Scotland