Off Topic - Which is the best headlight lense cleaner to use?

Old July 10th 11, 01:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jim Ed

Default Off Topic - Which is the best headlight lense cleaner to use?

Which is the best headlight lense cleaner to use?
I suppose it would depend on whether or not they are made of
plastic.
This would be for a 1997 Dodge Caravan.
TIA!
Old July 10th 11, 09:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John[_28_]

`Far as I can see they are all seem to be just a extremely fine abrasive in
a polish/wax base. Used a few brands from Meguirs to elcheapo,s with same
results. Also used a very fine cutting compound and then a wax with same
results.
Did my 1999 Aliner caravan today!!!

Old July 17th 11, 01:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

On Jul 9, 8:32*pm, Jim Ed > wrote:
> Which is the best headlight lense cleaner to use?
> * I suppose it would depend on whether or not they are made of
> plastic.
> *This would be for a 1997 Dodge Caravan.
> *TIA!

I've had really good results with 2000 grit wet sanding then finishing
compond, Meguiars PlastX after wet sanding works well.
Old July 17th 11, 10:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani[_2_]

wrote in message

>I've had really good results with 2000 grit wet sanding then finishing
>compond, Meguiars PlastX after wet sanding works well.

I agree with this, I use 2000 wet then finish with countertop/plastic
polish... done in a matter of minutes...

Clear plastic lense repair leadlap24 Technology 2 June 30th 06 02:33 AM
WJ Lense Polishing Mindy Jeep 4 January 2nd 06 07:47 PM
WTB: CJ light & lense Kevin_S Jeep 0 December 12th 05 05:43 PM
2003 Pilot & moisture in headlight lense cover? Rocky Honda 4 December 11th 05 04:50 AM
70 stang green blinker lense [email protected] Ford Mustang 1 October 2nd 05 10:23 PM