What do I need to change my 2 barrel to a 4 barrel

Old April 25th 06, 06:45 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default What do I need to change my 2 barrel to a 4 barrel

I have a 1970 fury lll convertible, it has a 318 2 barrel. I have a
holly aluminum intake with a edelbroke 4 barrel carburetor that I plan
on putting on this summer.
Can anyone tell me what is in a kit to convert from a 2 barrel to a 4
barrel? I what to make sure that I have everything I need before I take
it apart.

Old April 25th 06, 07:31 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

malbern wrote:
> I have a 1970 fury lll convertible, it has a 318 2 barrel. I have a
> holly aluminum intake with a edelbroke 4 barrel carburetor that I plan
> on putting on this summer.
> Can anyone tell me what is in a kit to convert from a 2 barrel to a 4
> barrel? I what to make sure that I have everything I need before I take
> it apart.

You pretty much have it. A manifold(or adapter plate) to fit your carb
and a 4bbl carb. A gasket set of course.

Make sure that your linkage will match up appropriately.

Nothing to it.

JW

Old April 25th 06, 07:55 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Yeah, with the appropriate 4-bbl intake manifold, and the right gaskets,
all that's left is the linkage hookup, and that isn't much more than a
bit of fussing. Be alert to the possible need for a new air cleaner
assembly to fit the 4-bbl throat.

--
Knifeblade_03
Knifeblade_03's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=262826

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old April 25th 06, 08:01 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Thanks JW I have the gaskets,I was wondering if I would have to change
the linkage or springs.The 318 never did come with a 4bbl carb,so the
linkage has me a little worried.

Old April 25th 06, 08:04 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Thanks I have a new chrome air cleaner kit that I will be installing
along with new chrome valve covers.

malbern

Old April 25th 06, 08:08 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

I already have duel exhaust, I was told that headers for my C-body are
hard to fine. I have been looking but can't seem to get any for my 1970
C-body.

Old April 25th 06, 08:14 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

"malbern" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Thanks JW I have the gaskets,I was wondering if I would have to change
> the linkage or springs.The 318 never did come with a 4bbl carb,so the
> linkage has me a little worried.

Probably not.... I did an exchange on a 63 galaxy... from a 2 barrel to
a 4 barrel. I used an Edelbrock high rise manifold with a Holley 4 barrel
(650 cfm) and (I believe) an adapter for the carb. It may have already come
with the kit though... that was many years ago... let me tell you...... it
made an extreme amount of difference in the cars performance. I was
literally shocked at how much power I got just from that small change.
You may want to talk to the place you got the parts from to see if you
are missing something

Good Luck...

Fwed

Old April 25th 06, 11:30 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

You don't say if you're running an A/T or M/T.

An A/T will require additional linkage for the "Kickdown" and adjustment of
this linkage.

Dave

oups.com...

Old April 26th 06, 01:17 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Hi Dave it is Auto/T when I got the carb I told them it was for a 318
mopar.I guess I will fine out when I take it apart and reinstall.

Beetle Spark Plug Change Jonathan Morton VW water cooled 0 January 22nd 06 02:34 PM
Oil change signal. SBO Saturn 7 January 15th 06 04:44 PM
recommendations of oil change - Passat 1.8T Tobi VW water cooled 6 January 14th 06 12:42 AM
Oil change on 1996 Audi A6 - V6 2.6 litre engine (UK) Mark Audi 20 December 18th 05 02:28 PM
THIS ADD CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE jaman General 0 May 30th 04 07:05 PM