OBD2 datastream - lt fuel trim - +25% - ideas??

Old February 25th 07, 04:08 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
AWN

Default OBD2 datastream - lt fuel trim - +25% - ideas??

Good evening,

I was wondering if anyone might have an idea as to why my long term fuel
trim in high (+25% usually). This causes a minor nuisance at startup but
otherwise I have no perfrormance or drivability issues to speak of. My fuel
economy has never been worse though.

Here's the data...

RPM 751 (verified ok)
Ign Timing Advance -8.5d
Intake Air Temp- 12C
TPS - 1%
O2 bank 1 - 0.040 (switches to .8-.9 with no issues)
O2 bank 2- 0.275 (seems slow to switch - maybe this is the issue?)
Load value - 3.1%
Long Term Fuel Trim- 25%
MAP Sensor- 39 kPa
Coolant Temp- 93C

The vehicle is a 95 GMC JimmySLT 4x4

Does the MAP and Timing info seem ok?

Thanks.
Andrew.

Old February 25th 07, 04:31 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
J-Mech[_2_]

it would help some of us if the readings were in english not metric,
thanks

--
J-Mech
J-Mech's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=496273

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old February 25th 07, 05:47 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
AWN

Jerry,

No CEL or codes. No.
Thanks.
Andrew.

in article , blazerman
at

Old February 25th 07, 08:47 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
blazerman

Andrew-does your scantool give you any fuel trim counts, ex.- 128
counts-above(higher or lower)? jerry @peru-motors.com ps also wonder
if your EGR valve could be slightly/ partially open-not going
completely closed due to carbon build up over time thus causing your
hard start. Just a guess

Old February 25th 07, 10:56 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
aarcuda69062

In article
. com>,
"blazerman" > wrote:

> Andrew-does your scantool give you any fuel trim counts, ex.- 128

Read the subject line.
Old February 26th 07, 01:00 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
J-Mech[_3_]

your 11.51 InHg looks like you have a vac leakit should be about 8- 10

Old February 27th 07, 12:10 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
AWN

Thanks J-Mech.
Do you think a vac leak would lead to a 25% adjustment in long term fuel
trim? I just finished checking every hose and gasket (water tested also)
and I can't find a leak. I did have a partial crack on the vac reservoir
though but I don't think it was serious enough to cause such a wide swing.
I will rescan and get back if there's any change. I don't have any hard
start issues any longer but the fuel trim starts at about +7 and tops out at
25 over after maybe 2 minutes of idling.
A suggestion had been made that a top end motovac treatment might be the
ticket? Any thoughts on this?

Thanks again!
Andrew.

in article , J-Mech at