A4, Potholes, Sidewall Bulges and Blowouts

Old April 22nd 14, 12:38 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
MFudalla

Default A4, Potholes, Sidewall Bulges and Blowouts

What are A4 owners in cold weather states like Michigan doing to help
minimize expensive tire replacement due to potholes. I had a set of what I
thought were pretty good tires put on 4 months ago and now have to replace
both fronts due to bulges in the sidewalls. I believe this is an across the
board issue with all manufacturers with the low profile tires.

Thanks for your comments.
Mike

Old April 24th 14, 08:59 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Mark[_35_]

On Mon, 21 Apr 2014 19:38:55 -0400, "MFudalla" >
wrote:

>What are A4 owners in cold weather states like Michigan doing to help
>minimize expensive tire replacement due to potholes. I had a set of what I
>thought were pretty good tires put on 4 months ago and now have to replace
>both fronts due to bulges in the sidewalls. I believe this is an across the
>board issue with all manufacturers with the low profile tires.

Get your government or whoever's responsible to fix the potholes?

Maybe you can claim compensation for the replacement cost.
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?

Old April 11th 17, 01:21 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

On Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at 2:38:55 AM UTC+3, MFudalla wrote:
> What are A4 owners in cold weather states like Michigan doing to help
> minimize expensive tire replacement due to potholes. I had a set of what I
> thought were pretty good tires put on 4 months ago and now have to replace
> both fronts due to bulges in the sidewalls. I believe this is an across the
> board issue with all manufacturers with the low profile tires.
>
> Thanks for your comments.
> Mike

Buy tire models that are nototious for having stiff pothole resistant sidewals.
Unfortunately an average retard who writes a "review" on tirerack.com
is typically pretty clueless sidewall wise.
The morons typically fall in two categories
1. Blissfully unaware how sturdy their sidewall is
2. Get a blown sidewall, blame themselves or the government
for not patching up the pothole instead of a crap tire manufactuere.
You have to realize though that sturdiness in sidewalls comes at cost:
more plies means more weight. And unprung weight is killing suspension,
affects handling, etc.

Small hole too close to sidewall... Wood Roach Honda 7 March 3rd 08 07:02 AM
Red stripe sidewall tires Dale R Dodge 2 May 15th 07 04:11 AM
Red sidewall tires James Goforth Dodge 1 September 5th 06 05:55 PM
sidewall tire cut CanadianCowboy© Technology 1 March 26th 06 06:19 PM
Potholes as Traffic Control Devices Johann Fitzgerald Driving 17 June 17th 05 04:24 PM