2004 Xterra Will Not Communicate With Ca Smog Machine.......?

Old February 15th 20, 03:22 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Randall Shimizu

Default 2004 Xterra Will Not Communicate With Ca Smog Machine.......?

Went to have a smog test done today and the smog place told me that that their smog machine cannot communicate with my 2004 Nissan Xterra XE 2.4L 4 cyl.....? Now the really odd thing is that the OBD2 scanners are able to analyze see and and diagnose the OBD2 system......? This really bizarre and aggravating grrr....!!!
Old Yesterday, 12:59 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Randall Shimizu

Talked to the Nissan dealer and a mechanic they think it's the computer.

Old Yesterday, 01:37 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

Randall Shimizu > wrote:
>Talked to the Nissan dealer and a mechanic they think it's the computer.=20

Is this a state where the dealer can do the smog test, or only a state station
can do it?

And do you have ANY idea what the error message from the analyzer was?
It might just be a case of the computer having got inadvertently reset
recently, and the analyzer refusing to accept such a short log... but you
don't know until you see the messages.
--scott