rec.autos.mario....

Old December 7th 08, 09:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
David Gravereaux

Default rec.autos.

Joey Tribiani wrote:

> folks that would leave because they can't ignorre, or killfile him, aren't
> really that serious about staying in the group anyway...

Agreed. If we can't ban him from posting (and we can't), we all need to
ignore him in a way so none of his posts appear in our newsreaders.

Censorship is a personal decision. Choose to censor him. This is the
downside to a free internet. Years ago, it never bothered me that
usenet was structured this. I must be getting old now, and have
forgotten my anarchistic ways.

To be a proper anarchist, chose to censor on your own. I chose to never
want to see any of his postings in my newsreader again. Do you chose
the same?
Old December 7th 08, 09:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Speedy Jim[_2_]

tricky wrote:
> maybe it appears worse as I only lurk and visit maybe once or twice a
> week. I look for the interesting posts, but see a full news reader of
> 'mario' this that and the other
>
> and joey is right - I have just started another .... DOH !!!
>
> Sorry
>
> Maybe I'll look for a better newsreader with decent filtering .

You are using Thunderbird 2.0

Pull up any message with, say, Mario in the Subject line.
In the message pane, Right Click on the From (Sender's) name.
From the Pull Down menu, select "Create Filter From Message".

Create the filter as: Subject, Contains, Mario
Perform these actions: Mark Message as Read
Click OK

You can also block certain senders using the From, Is, ------
filter.

Also, see the Mozilla Help page on this subject:
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Thunderbird_:_FAQs_:_Filters

Jim
Old December 7th 08, 09:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
tricky[_2_]

Speedy Jim wrote:
> tricky wrote:
>> maybe it appears worse as I only lurk and visit maybe once or twice a
>> week. I look for the interesting posts, but see a full news reader of
>> 'mario' this that and the other
>>
>> and joey is right - I have just started another .... DOH !!!
>>
>> Sorry
>>
>> Maybe I'll look for a better newsreader with decent filtering .

> You are using Thunderbird 2.0
>
> Pull up any message with, say, Mario in the Subject line.
> In the message pane, Right Click on the From (Sender's) name.
> From the Pull Down menu, select "Create Filter From Message".
>
> Create the filter as: Subject, Contains, Mario
> Perform these actions: Mark Message as Read
> Click OK
>
> You can also block certain senders using the From, Is, ------
> filter.
>

> Also, see the Mozilla Help page on this subject:
>> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Thunderbird_:_FAQs_:_Filters

> Jim

Thnaks Jim ... I'll have a play !

Rich
Old December 8th 08, 01:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Andy

Default rec.autos.mario....

I haven't seen a single message from Mario in many months ..... except when
you guys bother to reply to his posts. You want him to go away, make him
invisible by killfiling him or filtering your newsgroups so that he is
invisible. While I do think that he's the absolute lowest form of scum on
the planet, some of you guys give him power by choosing to respond to his
posts. When you guys who have signatures or links in your posts that include
his name, that gets filtered too. While I love hearing about your ACVWs and
experiences, I have no desire to wade through post after post about the Scum
of the South.
Andy
63 Camper

On Dec 7, 3:06 am, tricky > wrote:
> Joey Tribiani wrote:
> > "tricky" > wrote in message
> >> not much fun here lately is it

> >> anyway - I've sorted out my I.D - I'll try and post more (on the non
> >> mario
> >> threads)

> > Ironic that folks post about him to bitch about folks posting about
> > him...
> > STFU, if you can't stop being hypocritical...
> > best wishes..

> ^^^^^ yeah that LOL

C'mon you guys. Lets not turn on each other. I know that moderating on
USENET is virtually impossible but there has just got to be a way out
of this situation. I'm just a lurker now but I've been following this
group on an almost daily basis believe it or not. RAMVA won't survive
much longer without some kind of practical remedy to this 'mario'
problem. Some creative thinking is needed I think. Does anyone know
whether there is some possibility of blocking an ISP address from
posting here? I know, the personality in question could create
multiple ID's but maybe there could be team of long standing regulars
who could keep programming those new ID's out of the picture for
awhile until MG gives up and goes away. Just a thought. It's hard to
believe that one maliciouis personality could single handedly cause
the demise of this group after all of these years.

timmy

Old December 8th 08, 06:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
tricky[_3_]

On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 22:08:05 +0000, tricky wrote:

> not much fun here lately is it
>
> anyway - I've sorted out my I.D - I'll try and post more (on the non
> mario threads)

test
Old December 8th 08, 08:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Remco[_1_]

On Dec 8, 1:17*pm, tricky > wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 22:08:05 +0000, tricky wrote:
> > not much fun here lately is it

> > anyway - I've sorted out my I.D - I'll try and post more (on the non
> > mario threads)

> test

No, it isn't working.
Hey Rich.
Old December 8th 08, 10:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
tricky[_3_]

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 12:31:05 -0800, Remco wrote:

> On Dec 8, 1:17Â*pm, tricky > wrote:
>> On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 22:08:05 +0000, tricky wrote:
>> > not much fun here lately is it

>> > anyway - I've sorted out my I.D - I'll try and post more (on the non
>> > mario threads)

>> test

> No, it isn't working.
> Hey Rich.

Hey Remco - How's it going ?

I'm just testing a new news reader (Pan)- I'll see how good the filtering
is !

Rich
Old December 8th 08, 11:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Remco[_1_]

On Dec 8, 5:19*pm, tricky > wrote:
> On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 12:31:05 -0800, Remco wrote:

> >> test

> > No, it isn't working.
> > Hey Rich.

> Hey Remco - How's it going ?
>
> I'm just testing a new news reader (Pan)- I'll see how good the filtering
> is !
>
> Rich

Things are good.
My bug needs one more little part* to be replaced.
It has been a long hard battle and replaced pretty much everything one
foot up from the ground - learned a lot about metalwork and yet still
don't know enough, it seems. It has been fun and I'd definitely do it
again when this one is done.

(*that panel that looks like a shelf, sitting next to the engine. It
holds the engine seal. )
Old December 9th 08, 08:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
tricky[_2_]

Remco wrote:
> On Dec 8, 5:19 pm, tricky > wrote:

>>> No, it isn't working.
>>> Hey Rich.

>> Hey Remco - How's it going ?
>>
>> I'm just testing a new news reader (Pan)- I'll see how good the filtering
>> is !
>>
>> Rich

> Things are good.
> My bug needs one more little part* to be replaced.
> It has been a long hard battle and replaced pretty much everything one
> foot up from the ground - learned a lot about metalwork and yet still
> don't know enough, it seems. It has been fun and I'd definitely do it
> again when this one is done.
>

> (*that panel that looks like a shelf, sitting next to the engine. It
> holds the engine seal. )

LOL - Well the new reader is good I had to load up my old one to see
if you replyed to this LOL

Glad to here your bug is nearly done ! Is your web site upto date with
all the work you have done ?
Old December 9th 08, 09:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Remco[_1_]

On Dec 9, 3:52*am, tricky > wrote:
> Remco wrote:

> >> Hey Remco - How's it going ?

> >> I'm just testing a new news reader (Pan)- I'll see how good the filtering
> >> is !

> >> Rich

> > Things are good.
> > My bug needs one more little part* to be replaced.
> > It has been a long hard battle and replaced pretty much everything one
> > foot up from the ground - learned a lot about metalwork and yet still
> > don't know enough, it seems. It has been fun and I'd definitely do it
> > again when this one is done.

> > (*that panel that looks like a shelf, sitting next to the engine. It
> > holds the engine seal. )

> LOL - Well the new reader is good I had to load up my old one to see
> if you replyed to this LOL
>
> Glad to here your bug is nearly done ! *Is your web site upto date with
> all the work you have done ?

I'm horrible at maintaining blogs or things like that so no, I don't
really have a site that recorded the progress. While this stuff was
new to me, it has been done so many times by others so figured few
people would visit it anyway.

For me, it was all about learning metalwork. It was something I had
never done before and seeing the fantastic work by people like Wiz,
John Kelly and others intrigued me.
I'll never get that good and am not by any stretch of anyone's
imagination an expert but it is very satisfying to see that my skill
has improved.
At the risk of bragging, I have now made several replacement panels
that fit very nicely. If it weren't for the rattle can temporary
primer, people that visit have a hard time telling where the old
starts and the new begins - and it doesn't have filler on it yet.

...Of course,. I am not mentioning how many hours it took, how many
pieces of sheetmetal were totally destroyed, how many spools of
weldwire were wasted, how many tanks were emptied or how many times
I've cut my work out to start over.

Mario John J[_4_] VW air cooled 23 December 5th 08 12:57 AM
More Mario [email protected] VW air cooled 1 July 7th 08 08:17 PM
More Mario AircooledJohn VW air cooled 42 July 7th 08 08:16 PM
Mario out and about........ Karl VW air cooled 4 October 31st 07 01:13 PM