'87 Scirocco 16V struts

Old December 10th 13, 10:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Bill Leary

Default '87 Scirocco 16V struts

Can anyone suggest a place to purchase the struts, not just the cartridges,
for a 1987 16V Scirocco?

The strut itself is actually broken.

My garage is coming up empty. Every place he looks either has only the
cartridges or, despite claiming to have struts in stock, it turns out they
really don't. If they have to be performance ones, so be it, but I'm hoping
to not pay a fortune for them.

- Bill

Old December 11th 13, 12:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
SnoBrdr

"Bill Leary" > wrote:

>Can anyone suggest a place to purchase the struts, not just the cartridges,
>for a 1987 16V Scirocco?
>
>The strut itself is actually broken.
>
>My garage is coming up empty. Every place he looks either has only the
>cartridges or, despite claiming to have struts in stock, it turns out they
>really don't. If they have to be performance ones, so be it, but I'm hoping
>to not pay a fortune for them.
>
> - Bill

http://www.partsplaceinc.com/

This is THE place for any VW part. Any model, any year. Been doing
business with them for over 30 years.
Old December 12th 13, 06:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
samstone @aol.com

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 17:38:16 -0500, "Bill Leary" > wrote:

>Can anyone suggest a place to purchase the struts, not just the cartridges,
>for a 1987 16V Scirocco?
>
>The strut itself is actually broken.
>
>My garage is coming up empty. Every place he looks either has only the
>cartridges or, despite claiming to have struts in stock, it turns out they
>really don't. If they have to be performance ones, so be it, but I'm hoping
>to not pay a fortune for them.
>
> - Bill

Here is another good place for german car parts. Give a look.
http://www.germanautoparts.com/

Old December 22nd 13, 06:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Bill Leary

"SnoBrdr" wrote in message
> "Bill Leary" > wrote:
>> Can anyone suggest a place to purchase the struts, not just
>> the cartridges, for a 1987 16V Scirocco?
>>
>>The strut itself is actually broken.
>>
>> My garage is coming up empty. Every place he looks either
>> has only the cartridges or, despite claiming to have struts in
>> stock, it turns out they really don't. If they have to be
>> performance ones, so be it, but I'm hoping to not pay a fortune
>> for them.

> http://www.partsplaceinc.com/
>
> This is THE place for any VW part. Any model, any year.

But not this part, for this model and this year.

Seriously, it LOOKS like they have the part:

http://www.partsplaceinc.com/product...348&&sku=15085

But it looks like the date range for the Scirocco, 77-88, may be a typo.
The title list shows 77-88, but the detail list shows 75-84. The same range
as all the other Scirocco struts.

And a bit expensive. But I've asked. We'll see.

I have parts car (another '87), and it's got the front struts still in it.
I think I'm going to have to use them.

- Bill

Old December 22nd 13, 06:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Bill Leary

wrote in message ...
> On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 17:38:16 -0500, "Bill Leary" >
> wrote:
>> Can anyone suggest a place to purchase the struts, not just
>> the cartridges, for a 1987 16V Scirocco?
>>
>> The strut itself is actually broken.

> ((..omitted..))
>
> Here is another good place for german car parts.
> Give a look. http://www.germanautoparts.com/

Seem to be there. Interesting that these seems to have the same date range
as the other site.

Hmmm.

Thanks, both of you, SnoBrdr and samstone.

- Bill

Scirocco 16V struts Bill Leary VW air cooled 4 February 9th 14 06:46 AM
struts for 98.5 A4 2.8Q KLS Audi 6 August 28th 06 01:45 PM
struts [email protected] Dodge 1 April 1st 06 10:41 PM
OT - Struts Ben Jeep 31 March 15th 05 10:43 PM